Pistol Grip on a Shotgun

If I wanted to put a pistol grip on my shotgun for turkey hunting, does this in some way transform it into an assault weapon or some other nonsense under MA statutes. I do have an LTC-A, No Restrictions.

Thanks,

John
baystategamecock (formerly zenprop)

As long as it's pump action your good. The AWB pertains to semi-automatic weapons. Get an adjustable butt-stock with that pistol grip if you want.

I see what you're saying and I agree. I should have been clearer. I plan on keeping the stock.

mossberg-935-magnum-turkey-shot-gun.jpg

Using the switch on top.

I know how the safety works. My point was, you have to take your hand off the pistol grip to operate it. I like the ergonomics of the Mossberg 500 family better than the Remington 870 with a traditional stock, but the Mossberg safety sucks with a pistol grip.

I have no problem what-so-ever swinging my thumb up to click it without moving my hand from the grip. Then again I have big hands, it may be a problem for people with smaller hands.

My Beretta has a pistol grip stock. I like it; feels much like my AR.

I never use the safety, but I also don't hunt. I can see a possible issue w/a tang safety, but it's a matter of preference.

Back
Top Bottom