• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pistol Flashlight

TLR-1, because the HL is too bright and the regular is just right.

It was also on sale for about $35 cheaper than the HL. I'd buy two more for my Poly80 G17 and G19, but I'm lazy and they're not even fully built yet.

On the topic of surefire lights: far too rich for my blood. I can’t imagine paying $260 for an xc1 or x300 when you can get streamlights or inforce for $75-125.

I currently have a TLR-7 on my carry G19 and I like it. It is plenty bright (500 L), flush with the muzzle, good controls, and Raven released their OWB holster for the TLR7/G19 package a few months ago that I like very much. Once someone releases an IWB holster for it that I like (INCOG), I will snap it up and probably never take the light off that gun. I like the idea of one gun to do everything, take it off at the end of the day and have it fill the role of "night stand" gun without adding a light or swapping holsters.

I tried the APLc and while it is a neat light, I don't like that it requires yet an other battery type different then everything else I own, and I didn't like the holsters that were available.

On the topic of surefire lights: far too rich for my blood. I can’t imagine paying $260 for an xc1 or x300 when you can get streamlights or inforce for $75-125.

Now that SF has released their 1000 lumen models, you can get the 600 lumen x300's for as cheap as $160 if you look around. The x300 is the only full size light I would use, and have 2 or 3 on other pistols.

That's true, but I want to know who them is before I fire. I also might need light to know where them are.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the reasons I need to add the light to my gun is that I always hold a ka bar in my left hand, like in call of duty, a la the tactical knife upgrade.

+1 for the Ka-BAR.

I currently have a TLR-7 on my carry G19 and I like it. It is plenty bright (500 L), flush with the muzzle, good controls, and Raven released their OWB holster for the TLR7/G19 package a few months ago that I like very much. Once someone releases an IWB holster for it that I like (INCOG), I will snap it up and probably never take the light off that gun. I like the idea of one gun to do everything, take it off at the end of the day and have it fill the role of "night stand" gun without adding a light or swapping holsters.

I tried the APLc and while it is a neat light, I don't like that it requires yet an other battery type different then everything else I own, and I didn't like the holsters that were available.

This makes sense to me...If I was going to carry the g19 I would be looking more at compatible holsters and probably a brighter light but since it’s a hd gun I went with the aplc due to the features...I may pick up a remora holster for it just in case since they are cheap money, have a light option and I already have 2 others that I like

Back
Top Bottom