• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pics of Snipers Nest @ Super Bowl

I love this...

And remember, there are all kinds of politicians and other assorted rich people around.

God FORBID something happen to a rich person or a politician! I mean if there were just regular citizens there then who cares...but politicians and rich people? WHY DON'T THEY HAVE TANKS TO PROTECT OUR BEST AND BRIGHTEST!!

That rifle does not appear to be pointed in a safe direction. Actually, it appears to be pointed into the upper seats. The rest of the pics also look like they are pointing the rifles in an unsafe direction, no doubt watching the game through their scopes.

Pathetic.

That rifle does not appear to be pointed in a safe direction. Actually, it appears to be pointed into the upper seats. The rest of the pics also look like they are pointing the rifles in an unsafe direction, no doubt watching the game through their scopes.

Pathetic.

Is your real name Rob McMillin by any chance?
Rob McMillin Tue 07 Feb 2012 7:39 PM
The casual attitude this piece takes toward a government official pointing a loaded weapon at a crowded sporting event full of unarmed civilians is horrifying.

Just when I think I've heard the dumbest things around here, you surprise me.

I wouldn't want to attempt a precision shot after holding that kneeling position for 4 hours.

Interesting they didn't have a level on the scope, guess they figured that it was too short a range to matter.

Wonder what they had for ammo?

The real question is why wasn't Manning in those crosshairs?

That looks like an XLR Industries chassis. Nice setup.
Probably 308.

i wish I was responsible enough to have a suppressor...

hey, he's got an empty beer holder, WTF?

bowl-sniper.jpg

For some reason, this reminds me of the Manchurian Candidate.

"Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

Am I the only one who is very uncomfortable knowing that there were snipers with loaded & scoped rifles pointed at the crowd? That's a football game, not a political rally or presidential visit. Since when does the government feel that having them ring the field is something good? A hundred cameras? Ok. A dozen guys with high power binoculars on a tripod to feed info down to the field where there are armed plain-clothes leos? Fine. But having snipers up there randomly scanning the crowd is just wrong, fellas. I felt it was wrong in Washington the last time I visited and I most certainly think it's wrong to have them here. Do we live in a military state?

The rig is cool, no doubt. I've love to have one myself. But, I'd argue the need for snipers at a football game over a bunch of spotters with good glasses directing a team on the ground. Sorry. There's no argument that would change my mind. A bad guy won't be sitting there in the crowd to cause a terror attack. They'll be someplace hidden or even away from the park, not sitting in the stands wtih a bulls eye on their shirt. This is not good.

Rome

No harm, no foul. Nobody's rights were being trampled, or were even at risk of being trampled. What's the objection?

No harm, no foul. Nobody's rights were being trampled, or were even at risk of being trampled. What's the objection?

i think the concern is an accidental discharge?? it can happen to anyone i guess. to me, this is just another reason to make some nice overtime and get a free ticket to the game.

Back
Top Bottom