• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pics of Snipers Nest @ Super Bowl

An AD or ND would obviously be tragic and would cause an incredible riot, I'd think. But I'm not so concerned about that as much as I am about someone covering me with a muzzle of a highpower rifle without my knowledge. I'm going to go out on a limb to say that if this story gets the traction I think it's going to get, there's going to be some outrage from the general public. If not, well, it shows you just how compliant the population is now. Still, being covered by cameras everywhere we go is one thing. It's another to know that at some point time that shooter has you in his crosshairs and you can't do a damned thing about it. Sorry, this one goes down in my book as a game changer and crossing a line.......no pun intended, either. I guess you might as well be looking for snipers at virtually every big public event regardless of the purpose. Makes me feel all warm and fussy inside.

Rome

Am I the only one who is very uncomfortable knowing that there were snipers with loaded & scoped rifles pointed at the crowd? That's a football game, not a political rally or presidential visit. Since when does the government feel that having them ring the field is something good? A hundred cameras? Ok. A dozen guys with high power binoculars on a tripod to feed info down to the field where there are armed plain-clothes leos? Fine. But having snipers up there randomly scanning the crowd is just wrong, fellas. I felt it was wrong in Washington the last time I visited and I most certainly think it's wrong to have them here. Do we live in a military state?

just make sure that you don't bring an umbrella to the game [laugh]

yes, I think that it's very disturbing, not for myself, but knowing that there are kids who are getting into crosshairs of the same people who knock down wrong doors and shoot dogs. No cop bashing, but they are humans, to err is human, I don't want to watch a game with a barrel of a gun next to my head. I don't want to fly anymore because of TSA, now I don't want to go to a game. It's a sad, sad state of affairs we got.

The AD/ND thing isn't likely, IMHO. The overtones of it are pretty sickening, though.

I got a little taste of that in DC when they had spotters watching us at the 2nd amendment march. I didn't see any rifles but I saw guys in black with binoculars... I'm sure rifles weren't far away. Those were just the 2 guys we -saw- too.

-Mike

An AD or ND would obviously be tragic and would cause an incredible riot, I'd think. But I'm not so concerned about that as much as I am about someone covering me with a muzzle of a highpower rifle without my knowledge. I'm going to go out on a limb to say that if this story gets the traction I think it's going to get, there's going to be some outrage from the general public. If not, well, it shows you just how compliant the population is now. Still, being covered by cameras everywhere we go is one thing. It's another to know that at some point time that shooter has you in his crosshairs and you can't do a damned thing about it. Sorry, this one goes down in my book as a game changer and crossing a line.......no pun intended, either. I guess you might as well be looking for snipers at virtually every big public event regardless of the purpose. Makes me feel all warm and fussy inside.

Rome

as far as i know most high profile events have snipers especially since 9/11. If there isnt outrage over the TSA groping people in the allusion of safety i doubt there will be outrage over this.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but it would be my strong feeling that there wasn't a round chambered in any of those pictures. The only logical use for snipers in a situation like that would be to stop a suicide bomber or some other terrorist who's actions would guarantee mass casualties. A sniper pulling the trigger in a crowded event like that is guaranteed to cause mass panic leading to hundreds if not thousands of people being tampled, causing mass casualties. In anything but the most extreme of circumstances the sniper pulling the trigger is going to cause more harm than good.

It doesn't surprise me that there are snipers at an event like the Super Bowl. I'd be shocked if they were there in any capacity beyond being an absolute last resort.

Would it be within our legal rights to field anti-sniping teams?

It's standard operating procedure to have an invisible law enforcement presence at any high-profile event

1) That perch doesn't seem very well hidden. Any fan w/ decent binoculars could see them pretty easily @ that range.

2) They appear to be covering the Giants endzone, we know not much was going on there (joke).

ETA: How plausible is it that the sniper would be doing whatever it is hes doing, with the muzzle sticking out of the "window", when there are fans in the stadium with the privacy screen's up? Seems very unlikely.

e4504f117450d9be2398bd5540f794ad.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but it would be my strong feeling that there wasn't a round chambered in any of those pictures. The only logical use for snipers in a situation like that would be to stop a suicide bomber or some other terrorist who's actions would guarantee mass casualties. A sniper pulling the trigger in a crowded event like that is guaranteed to cause mass panic leading to hundreds if not thousands of people being tampled, causing mass casualties. In anything but the most extreme of circumstances the sniper pulling the trigger is going to cause more harm than good.

It doesn't surprise me that there are snipers at an event like the Super Bowl. I'd be shocked if they were there in any capacity beyond being an absolute last resort.

if that was the case, Israelis would solve the problem with just placing snipers everywhere. Unfortunately, most suicide bombers don't open their jacket to show off the explosives (like they do in the movies), they just blow up when you least expect them.

great point about stampede. One shot and there would be more people trampled then killed via some crazed lunatic. I guess, some idiot in .gov always have bright ideas on how to "protect" public.

There is a good reason, it's highly recommended to not point a gun at anything you don't mind destroying. "Pro" or not, I don't like when people wave the barrel in a gun shop or range.

How does this sniper chooses his targets -- inquisitive mines want to know. [rolleyes] This is even more retarded than TSA. Wow, I cannot believe they came up with something worse than TSA. These clowns have watched this movie one too many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that Sniper really cared he would have taken out Madonna before that friggin Half-Time show.

Unlike many here, I really don't have a problem with them being there. The SuperBowl is a pretty high profile event and if someone really wanted to make a statement that would be the place to do it.

Am I the only one who is very uncomfortable knowing that there were snipers with loaded & scoped rifles pointed at the crowd? That's a football game, not a political rally or presidential visit. Since when does the government feel that having them ring the field is something good? A hundred cameras? Ok. A dozen guys with high power binoculars on a tripod to feed info down to the field where there are armed plain-clothes leos? Fine. But having snipers up there randomly scanning the crowd is just wrong, fellas. I felt it was wrong in Washington the last time I visited and I most certainly think it's wrong to have them here. Do we live in a military state?

The rig is cool, no doubt. I've love to have one myself. But, I'd argue the need for snipers at a football game over a bunch of spotters with good glasses directing a team on the ground. Sorry. There's no argument that would change my mind. A bad guy won't be sitting there in the crowd to cause a terror attack. They'll be someplace hidden or even away from the park, not sitting in the stands wtih a bulls eye on their shirt. This is not good.

Rome

The way I see it, the Superbowl is a big deal. Higher chance for someone to pull something. In a way it makes sense to have a sniper or two there. From a philosophical standpoint, I wouldn't want to be at that game knowing that some G-man had painted me, but I know that I would certainly want him up there when Steven Tyler rips off his ridiculous large mouth bass mask and starts yelling "Jihad!!! ALALALALALAL!!!"

As far as having it loaded and pointed down there: same reason I carry condition 1. Why waste time loading when you can just flip the safety and send it?

I've never been to a Super bowl but I've been to a few outdoor AFC championship games. Its was pretty loud at times and most of the people there are drunk. I would imagine indoors the noise must be deafening. I don't think you would hear or even notice if someone who was a few rows away from you got shot.

I would imagine indoors the noise must be deafening. I don't think you would hear or even notice if someone who was a few rows away from you got shot.

Have you heard the crack/slap a rifle bullet makes when it tears thorough cardboard or flesh?

It's pretty loud. Loud enough to need to wear hearing protection in the target pits during a rifle match.

Most people won't know what the noise was, but they will notice it even if the target is several seats away.

Don't worry. They only had two rounds, kept in their shirt pocket, and one of those was a snap cap. :beer:

I love this...

That rifle does not appear to be pointed in a safe direction. Actually, it appears to be pointed into the upper seats. The rest of the pics also look like they are pointing the rifles in an unsafe direction, no doubt watching the game through their scopes.

Pathetic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Have you heard the crack/slap a rifle bullet makes when it tears thorough cardboard or flesh?

It's pretty loud. Loud enough to need to wear hearing protection in the target pits during a rifle match.

Most people won't know what the noise was, but they will notice it even if the target is several seats away.

People have got shot and stabbed at rock concerts / sporting events all the time have you ever hear of a mass stampede?

In your home state of OH the guy from Pantera got shot right up on stage with 641 people in attendance was there a mass stampede?

If it happens during a 3rd down conversion or red zone play I don't think you would notice it unless you were close.

Someone shot themselves @ Gillette Stadium (parking lot) back in November did you hear stories of pandemonium?

Hell we got footage of an earthquake happening during the World Series how many were killed there from the ensuing stampede?

Last edited:
People have got shot and stabbed at rock concerts / sporting events all the time have you ever hear of a mass stampede?

In your home state of OH the guy from Pantera got shot right up on stage with 641 people in attendance was there a mass stampede?

If it happens during a 3rd down conversion or red zone play I don't think you would notice it unless you were close.

Someone shot themselves @ Gillette Stadium (parking lot) back in November did you hear stories of pandemonium?

Hell we got footage of an earthquake happening during the World Series how many were killed there from the ensuing stampede?

WTF would any of this have to do with what I said?

Why would a sniper be relevent in any case here? Do they think they're going to intercept someone who walked through security with a bomb strapped on their body or with some type of automatic rifle hidden in their trench coat? You can't get a water bottle through security. Precisely what would be their target? Someone with a "cermanic two-shot pistol"?? There is no point for a sniper to be pointing a loaded high power rifle or any other firearm at a crowd of spectators. I'm sorry. There just isn't any justifcation that I can think of........except for someone who may have snuck in a fifth of their favorite vodka without spending a zillion dollars at a consession. None. They're a danger to an innocent public with no apparent purpose.

Rome

Why would a sniper be relevent in any case here? Do they think they're going to intercept someone who walked through security with a bomb strapped on their body or with some type of automatic rifle hidden in their trench coat? You can't get a water bottle through security. Precisely what would be their target? Someone with a "cermanic two-shot pistol"?? There is no point for a sniper to be pointing a loaded high power rifle or any other firearm at a crowd of spectators. I'm sorry. There just isn't any justifcation that I can think of........except for someone who may have snuck in a fifth of their favorite vodka without spending a zillion dollars at a consession. None. They're a danger to an innocent public with no apparent purpose.

Rome

What if the assailant worked at the stadium and hid a rifle in the cooler before the game? What if one of the Indy cops on duty was actually domestic terrorist and decided he was gonna take out Eli on the sidelines? What if Jose was there and decided to kill the guy at the concession stand with his thumbs because he didn't put enough cheese on his nachos?

The sniper is there for the same reason we carry. It is not for the reasons we can think of (although I liked the ceramic pistol), it's for the hundreds of reasons we can't think of.

The sniper is there for the same reason we carry.

No, they are there for exact reason we can not carry. Society does not want us to be able to take care of ourselves. They would rather have us rely on the police who pretend to be able to protect us while desensitizing us to the militarized police state. I would say it is working.

Back
Top Bottom