• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Philadelphia father killed by carjackers while trying to shield 2-year-old daughter

Reptile

NES Member
They shot him in cold blood – in front of his little daughter.

Last Thursday, Gerard Grandzol, 38, took his toddler and dog on a family outing that included playing with a Frisbee.

When he returned home in the evening, he was confronted by two men who demanded his wallet.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/1...ile-trying-to-shield-2-year-old-daughter.html

I wonder what sort of gentlemen would kill this man.

No description of the killers.

this sucks and I am not faulting the guy in any way, I am trying to unwind the story to see how he got into this situation in the first place. It looks like he was in his own drive way and was approached by two utes who pulled a gun on him. He must not have been in driveway long if his kid was still in the back seat. This being Philadelphia, probably only criminals have guns. I wish it had a different ending, but he should have carried and should not be friendly with two unfamiliar faces in his driveway. It sounds like he did a lot of volunteer work, which is great, but altruism goes hand in hand with too much trust in man.

Very sad story, RIP, We'll see how the trial unfolds. If they were "known" to police, it begs the question whether they skated lightly on previous beef, they never turn their lives around, only graduate to bigger crime.

This being Philadelphia, probably only criminals have guns.
Until a few years ago, Philadumpia was the only city in PA where CCW permits were may instead of shall issue (because Philly is the only "City of the first class'). That changed - CCWs in Philly are shall issue, with a side helping of obfuscation, delay and harassment.

PA may be one of those cities where the papers are prohibited from showing the race of the subject as to avoid reinforcement of stereotypes.

Very sad story, RIP, We'll see how the trial unfolds. If they were "known" to police, it begs the question whether they skated lightly on previous beef, they never turn their lives around, only graduate to bigger crime.

'IF?' they were known to police?!?!?! Come on man, were you born yesterday??

- - - Updated - - -

PA may be one of those cities where the papers are prohibited from showing the race of the subject as to avoid reinforcement of stereotypes.

Other than on 4473, when something asks my race, I just pick one. keeps em guessing.

'IF?' they were known to police?!?!?! Come on man, were you born yesterday??

I just don't know, but given that one of them survived 'til 21 probably spells some serious rap sheet which will surface up. I'm sure there are a few libtard judges there who kept giving him more chances.

Other than on 4473, when something asks my race, I just pick one. keeps em guessing.
I checked "Other" on a recent form, and filled in the blank with "Euro American".
If they were "known" to police
I suppose I am "known to police". It's amazing how a cop who only sees you once every 2-4 years for a gun license issue remembers who you are (2-4 years since I have to get a local signoff on my RI renewal every 4 years, which meshes with my 6 year MA LTC cycle).

Last edited:
This is the 16 year old.

marvin_roberts3.jpg

They shot him in cold blood – in front of his little daughter.

Last Thursday, Gerard Grandzol, 38, took his toddler and dog on a family outing that included playing with a Frisbee.

. . . .
I wonder what sort of gentlemen would kill this man.

No description of the killers.

Pet peeve of mine is when news reporters describe a suspect in some heinous crime as a "gentleman," e.g. "The 36 year old suspect allegedly beat to death his ex-girlfriend and her dog. The police have not indicated whether the gentleman has any prior criminal record . . . "

"We blindly lost a beautiful soul on September 7, who tragically gave his life to protect that of his 2-year-old daughter," the Gofundme page reads. "We will never be able to replace the love, laughter and light that Ger brought to our lives, but perhaps we can do our part to help provide for his two children and widow."

What BS! Once they shot him there was nothing stopping them from shooting his daughter too. If he wanted to protect his daughter he would have been properly armed to fend off the two thugs that shot him. Just more cognitive dissonance by a touchy feely public.

"We blindly lost a beautiful soul on September 7, who tragically gave his life to protect that of his 2-year-old daughter," the Gofundme page reads. "We will never be able to replace the love, laughter and light that Ger brought to our lives, but perhaps we can do our part to help provide for his two children and widow."

What BS! Once they shot him there was nothing stopping them from shooting his daughter too. If he wanted to protect his daughter he would have been properly armed to fend off the two thugs that shot him. Just more cognitive dissonance by a touchy feely public.

Give it a ****ing rest man. Not everyone believes in carrying a gun, someone just lost a loved one to two Scumbags.

Situational awareness is key. You're buckling in your 2 year old, these guys walk up behind you and pull a gun on you. It's probably too late at that point to go for your gun.

Situational awareness is key. You're buckling in your 2 year old, these guys walk up behind you and pull a gun on you. It's probably too late at that point to go for your gun.
"Situational awareness is key" <<<This can not be said enough ... head on a swivel

He was still seated in the driver's seat when they walked up to him. They shot him after he complied and was trying to get his daughter out. Apparently he want moving fast enough for the scumbags. Gore's to show that the usual stupid advice from the antis about giving them whay they want and you'll be ok is bullshit.

He was still seated in the driver's seat when they walked up to him. They shot him after he complied and was trying to get his daughter out. Apparently he want moving fast enough for the scumbags. Gore's to show that the usual stupid advice from the antis about giving them whay they want and you'll be ok is bullshit.

These black gang bangers are becoming like jihadi airplane hijackers, you're gonna die anyway, so might as well go down fighting.

These black gang bangers are becoming like jihadi airplane hijackers, you're gonna die anyway, so might as well go down fighting.

Just last Saturday my daughter was bitching at me for wearing my edc around my 18 month granddaughter. Why are you so paranoid she said. You're at a bbq. What do you think is going to happen?
I just sent her this story. [rolleyes]

Effing monsters... liberals are basically giving people like this a friggin pass to keep doing this stuff. We need to make an example of these dirtbags. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about things like this going on daily, I'm not sure of what the right solution is. One thing I am sure of though, that a solution exists and it shouldn't friggin matter who's feelings said solution hurts. Sorry for the ramble, stuff like this really gets to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Effing monsters... liberals are basically giving people like this a friggin pass to keep doing this stuff. We need to make an example of these dirtbags. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about things like this going on daily, I'm not sure of what the right solution is. One thing I am sure of though, that a solution exists and it shouldn't friggin matter who's feelings said solution hurts. Sorry for the ramble, stuff like this really gets to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's the guns fault, didn't you know? If only it was harder for people to get guns....

Give it a ****ing rest man. Not everyone believes in carrying a gun, someone just lost a loved one to two Scumbags.

Yeah, this. There are situations in which carrying won't save you. For one thing, would you START a gunfight with your two year old daughter a few feet away?

- - - Updated - - -

Shot, Castrated, dragged by a horse, pulled limb from limb for starters.

I prefer the Israeli method. Executed, organs harvested and the houses of all family members bulldozed to rubble.

Ok, I'll cry a F'ing river for them. [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Anyone still sucking oxygen should take this as a learning experience and realize that this shit can happen anywhere and no amount of "feeling sorry for the last guy" is going to change the future without positively addressing the situation. That means being ready, willing and able to fend off such scumbags immediately.

This isn't the 1950's bud, this is 2017 and the worst of the worst are out there on the streets running unchecked in many places.

Ok, I'll cry a F'ing river for them. [rolleyes][rolleyes]

Anyone still sucking oxygen should take this as a learning experience and realize that this shit can happen anywhere and no amount of "feeling sorry for the last guy" is going to change the future without positively addressing the situation. That means being ready, willing and able to fend off such scumbags immediately.

This isn't the 1950's bud, this is 2017 and the worst of the worst are out there on the streets running unchecked in many places.
No shit. Get a clue. Tell us how you would have handled it, come on now don't be shy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom