Pheasant Ridge, Seekonk

Just a heads up for anyone considering a firearms transfer at this FFL....they WILL charge sales tax on the selling price of the gun, even if its coming from out of state. This is on top of the $40 transfer fee which is a bit high.

I dont want to open the can of worms about whether or not taxes should be paid but I have never seen it and am willing to bet that not a penny of that will make it to the State. All his charges were tallied up on a calculator and entered into his register as a lump sum...one line item. When i tried to question him he said something about this already "being in the Ma system" wtf????

Oh well...just wanted to pass this experience along, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I have no reason to doubt you, but if this in fact true then PR will never have to be bothered by my patronage or the recommendation of my friends to go there.

Unfortunately I already paid the seller and he ended up leaving before I was told of this so I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He certainly wont be getting future business.

On the bright side I love my new revolver!

Shouldn't this be in the DEALERS section? That IS the purpose of having one - putting information where people looking for info on a dealer can FIND it.

Why would they even know what you paid for the gun? When I've had something, I bought, shipped to me; I ask the sender to just send all correspondence regarding the selling price, manuals, etc to be directed to me alone. The transfer dealer has no need to know what I paid for the gun.

Just another FYI....he does the opposite of what Carl does up at Four Seasons. Carl gives you a discount for using a debit card, check, or cash. Pheasant Ridge charges you 4 or 6% more if you pay using a credit card or a debit card. Seems like a little non legal to me! Bill is a super nice guy and just does what he is told to do, but the owner (not Bill) is a bit to be desired for. Not only that, but be open the hours you have posted and don't just open up when you feel like it. I bought a few guns there, but now I stay far away!!

This is nothing new, it's how they do business. You can read about it in the dealer forum. It's their business and they can run it however they choose. As for me, I now live within a mile of their store and I drive to Northeast Trading and Four Seasons for my gun purchases. It's too bad because it would be really cool to have a gun store that's only a 15 minute walk from my house to stop in and visit now and again. I tried to stop in and have a friendly chat a few times but they wanted nothing to do with it. All they wanted to know was which gun I wanted to buy.

-Cuz.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...t-Ridge-Guns-Seekonk?highlight=Pheasant+Ridge

Last edited:
I can't really understand how he stays in business. I have always wanted to shop there but everytime I go by the store is closed. He must have one heck of a internet business.

Update - OK, I have been to the shop and done a shoot with them. The owner and his staff know their stuff. They were helpful and easy to deal with. I purchased ammo from them and got some help on holster suggestions for carry. His prices are good and the selection is good. He stocks a lot that is not out so ask if you are looking for something. Well worth a stop in if you are in the area.

Has anyone had a good experience here? I ask because I live close. I saw the older posts in regards to being forced to buy a trigger lock and being charge 4% with use of credit car and just plugging numbers into a calculator, but I figured I would post it here seeing as it is more recent.

I live less than a mile away and will not set foot in that store again. They are and continue to be a disgrace to gun owners everywhere. I have tried on at least a half-dozen occasions to give them the benefit of the doubt and have been let down every time. I will not go back.

-Cuz.

I tried that place once bought some overpriced glock 22 mags will never go back again I think at this point I have more guns and ammo at home than their store! That store in rehoboth I posted about us the way to go in our area. He doesent have too much yet but it's only been a few weeks! But the owner is top notch!

No kidding, I went to high school at DR and grew up out there...never thought there would be a gun store in that town. And yeah, pheasant ridge sold me a P345 that had a chunk taken out of the rifling and wouldn't do anything about it. The place is a joke. I was told to wait outside while he looked for a gun, and his prices are a joke, stay away.

Last edited:
I stopped in the other day and spoke with Bill at length about different pistols and he seemed very willing to put up with my beginer questions since I was looking for my first gun. Very patient but I was the only one in the store. If there prices were a little better I probably would have picked something up. May be worth another look in the future but the whole extra charge for cc payment as opposed to a discount for cash purchases does seem to buck the trend.

I stopped in the other day and spoke with Bill at length about different pistols and he seemed very willing to put up with my beginer questions since I was looking for my first gun. Very patient but I was the only one in the store. If there prices were a little better I probably would have picked something up. May be worth another look in the future but the whole extra charge for cc payment as opposed to a discount for cash purchases does seem to buck the trend.

If live close enough to be able to make to Pheasant Ridge; do yourself a favor drive further up Rt. 44 into Rehoboth and go to Bay State Trading. Trust me, the owner of Pheasant Ridge has no idea how to run business and Bill is his only employe that gets left in the dark.

PR sucks that guy is way over priced i rather go to Bay state trading up the road. if you wanna take a little ride go to flint firearms i bought 2 handguns from there prices are avg and service is good too. also stock a good amount of guns.

This is nothing new, it's how they do business. You can read about it in the dealer forum. It's their business and they can run it however they choose. As for me, I now live within a mile of their store and I drive to Northeast Trading and Four Seasons for my gun purchases. It's too bad because it would be really cool to have a gun store that's only a 15 minute walk from my house to stop in and visit now and again. I tried to stop in and have a friendly chat a few times but they wanted nothing to do with it. All they wanted to know was which gun I wanted to buy.

-Cuz.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...t-Ridge-Guns-Seekonk?highlight=Pheasant+Ridge

Wait a freaking second, you won't go to PR, but you WILL shop at NET?!? Sir, your weed has most certainly gone bad rofl

Wait a freaking second, you won't go to PR, but you WILL shop at NET?!? Sir, your weed has most certainly gone bad rofl

I hope Cuz is now going to Bay State?

But now that bay state trading is in the area they get precisely zero of my business!

Bottom line is: PR should not get anyone's business (seeing as how PR does not have any business to brag about) and Bay State Trading is the place to go.

Last edited:
Update - OK, I have been to the shop and done a shoot with them. The owner and his staff know their stuff. They were helpful and easy to deal with. I purchased ammo from them and got some help on holster suggestions for carry. His prices are good and the selection is good. He stocks a lot that is not out so ask if you are looking for something. Well worth a stop in if you are in the area.

The other posts do not seem to agree with you...

It sure looks like nothing has changed over at Pheasant Ridge. Looks like they are still doing business as usual:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...ouging-dealers!!!

This does not surprise me. Dean Martin Chapman has no idea what he is doing period. He is over priced and does not know the laws.

And, a note to Maclen: I am definately enjoying the 9mm Rock River AR that I ended up getting at Bay State. It took a while to get, but it was worth it. Dave is very pleasant to deal with.

Glad to read it Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom