• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fox Ridge Outfitters

So, I've wanted a TC Contendor or Encore (Encore moreso). Since Fox Ridge is in the TC factory parking lot...does anyone have any experience dealing with them? Since they are in the parking lot, I figure its a good place for a custom order...

IIRC they are a subsidiary of T/C. Had a T/C Hawken that had a few problems and was in the area to check them out. They fixed said problems and replaced the ram rod no charge.

Ok thanks- so essentially a "factory store" of sorts (but without the seconds/steep discounts on them). Glad to hear they were so responsive to fixing the issues you had; I'll have to check them out.

Fox Ridge used to have a custom shop that would make barrels for the Contender pistol and their single shot rifle in a very wide selection of caliber that weren't offer as standard fair with T/C. It's been quite awhile since I visited the store so I don't know if they still offer that service anymore.
If your looking for barrels for the Contender or Encore there's SSK who are quite pricey and again IIRC a company called Bullberry that made barrels and rifle conversion kits for the Contender.

They are decent to deal with but you will pay full msrp. I live a few miles from them and stop in and look around once a month or so. If you need custom that is where to go. If you just want an encore go to suds and soda in greenland nh.

Thanks! Hadn't heard of Suds & Soda before but after a quick search it looks like they are a good place to get a TC at a discount- and not far away so if I decide the custom is worth it- I can checkout Fox Ridge.

I highly recommend them. I ordered a .223 barrel and scope from them for my TC .44 pistol, because I heard that barrel replacement/fitting on an existing gun could be problematic. They were the best, not only did they tune up my .44, they also made sure that both barrels worked properly... they're GREAT to deal with and their customer service is the BEST.

I had a great experience with Fox Ridge. Purchased a new T/C omega from them and found them to be extremely helpful. Because I bought the rifle, scope, rings, and base he knocked about 5% off the whole thing. I thought their prices were comparable to a Cabelas or Bass Pro

Picked up my encore frame on Saturday. Best purchasing experience I've ever had, incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and patient. I ended up getting the custom frame I wanted...gorgeous. They aren't the cheapest (though they were the only place that sold the custom frames); but it was completely worth it.

Fox Ridge used to have a custom shop that would make barrels for the Contender pistol and their single shot rifle in a very wide selection of caliber that weren't offer as standard fair with T/C. It's been quite awhile since I visited the store so I don't know if they still offer that service anymore.

They still do. They'll make a custom Contender or Encore barrel in any length and caliber you can imagine. I had a custom T/C Carbine barrel made many years ago. 18" Stainless Bull w/muzzle brake in .44 mag. It was expensive, but it's a true one-of-a-kind beauty. My cousins wife started working for them several years ago and she ordered another custom barrel for me (with her generous employee discount[smile]) This one identical to the last but chambered in .357 Maximum. It took nearly six months for delivery, but it was worth it. There was a time when they offered a smooth-side Contender frame with no engraving, and you could also get a custom serial number of your choosing, but those days are over.
=
=
TC_Carbine.jpg

Last edited:
There was a time when they offered a smooth-side Contender frame with no engraving, and you could also get a custom serial number of your choosing, but those days are over.

I am fairly sure I saw one or two in their case, in brightly polished stainless (smooth, not custom serial number), the side away from me may have been engraved though. They were all so nice...

Back
Top Bottom