• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Personal Best

I swear something magic happens in my AR-15 when combined with a 77 gr. Scenar and 23.0gr of Varget.

Best 10 shot group I've ever shot with an AR // new Personal Best for ammo I've hand loaded. [party2]

.555 moa/.221" Gross Mean Radius

Shot from a bench with a scope testing out hand load combinations.

PersonalBest0002.jpg

Congratulations! That's great - I can see why Varget has such a following!

What did you use for marking those shots on the target, and did it calculate the results, too?

MinesBroken ~ That is some real fine shooting, that’s for darn sure. I guess I wont feel so good about my hundred yard target with a three inch group from my well worn, sporterized Springfield 30-06. While you’re shooting ten shots into a dime, I’m trying to keep five shots in an orange sized group. Ah, what are you going to do, it‘s probably not the gun but I’m not about to blame myself! [smile]

Thats an amazing group. What are you using for your target analysis?

Congratulations! That's great - I can see why Varget has such a following!

What did you use for marking those shots on the target, and did it calculate the results, too?

Thanks!

I use a free computer program called On Target. You can get it at: http://www.ontargetshooting.com/index.html

A big review of the software can be found here. http://www.6mmbr.com/ontargetsoftware.html

Just scan in your target to your PC, load into OnTarget. Set the bullet caliber & click the locations you made hits. the software calculates everything else for you. For me it's a big time saver - I suck trying to measure groups with a mic.

Last edited:
Thanks for that link. Just did up my targets from this weekend that I had a Picture of on my camera phone. This is the beginning of a BEAUTIFUL relationship. I can't wait to get home and see if it works on Ubuntu under wine.

Back
Top Bottom