• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pepper spray CT to RI to MA

My wife often visits her MA family. (I never go). She drives through RI. Here in CT pepper spray isn't a problem. Now in MA it appears pepper spray is no longer a problem. What about RI? Can she drive with pepper spray through RI without breaking any stupid laws?

Thanks

Ask a lawyer, but ISTR reading that MA (prior to last week) was the only state in the US which required a license to possess pepper spray.

"Any person eighteen (18) years of age or over may carry on his or her person and use, unless otherwise prohibited by law, any non-lethal noxious substance or liquid for his protection or the protection of others". Section 11-47-57.

My wife often visits her MA family. (I never go). She drives through RI. Here in CT pepper spray isn't a problem. Now in MA it appears pepper spray is no longer a problem. What about RI? Can she drive with pepper spray through RI without breaking any stupid laws?

Thanks

as others have said, RI is all good. Now that Mass has joined the rest of the US she should be able to carry anyplace that doesnt have metal detectors at the door (and even then its not a legal problem, but they wont let her in)

Back
Top Bottom