People Who Conceal Full Size Handguns

sorry, I was trying to ask if you tried being bigger. failed joke, my bad.

totally rock what is comfortable for you
No worries mate, not your fault, my sense of humor has failed me.
Speaking for myself only, I have realized there is no one single answer to this question.
No one size fits all.
No, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
None of that.
🤷
Carry on........

Have you trained with it? You really don’t know if a holster is good or bad until you do.
Yup. My 1911 Fobus is a belt model and my edc guns ride in their paddle models. 10 us years of drawing and shooting with them without a hitch.
I fail to see the issue. One douche nozzle in a youtube video can't figure out how to draw his gun and some asshat of an instructor had a hissy
fit like an old woman. Whatever.

Yup. My 1911 Fobus is a belt model and my edc guns ride in their paddle models. 10 us years of drawing and shooting with them without a hitch.
I fail to see the issue. One douche nozzle in a youtube video can't figure out how to draw his gun and some asshat of an instructor had a hissy
Yeah, I mean what does Clint Smith know?

Yeah, I mean what does Clint Smith know?

Lol don't waste your time, I have a few other friends that carry with that kind of gutter trash, its like talking to a wall. Of course in one case it makes sense because the guy is like a grade 10 skinflint so the holster sort of fits his archetype. Whatever, I don't have to carry a gun in his shitty holster, so I don't care. [laugh]

Holsters are one of those things that are "too personal" anyways. There are very few people that are true objectives on holsters. MAYBE some of the folks that make them can be because they have a better understanding about how different holsters interface with different clothing and dress styles etc.

Lol don't waste your time, I have a few other friends that carry with that kind of gutter trash, its like talking to a wall. Of course in one case it makes sense because the guy is like a grade 10 skinflint so the holster sort of fits his archetype. Whatever, I don't have to carry a gun in his shitty holster, so I don't care. [laugh]

Holsters are one of those things that are "too personal" anyways. There are very few people that are true objectives on holsters. MAYBE some of the folks that make them can be because they have a better understanding about how different holsters interface with different clothing and dress styles etc.
You called me a 10/10 skinflint on another thread. Thanks [rofl]

I wouldn't call Clint Smith an asshat, he's probably shot more people and been shot at by more people than any of us could ever contemplate, and he runs one of the most respected and successful firearm training schools in the world.

@Grendizer138 asked if you have TRAINED with those shit holsters, he didn't ask if you use them to shoot "at" stuff at the range with them. So really, who have you trained with? Considering most good training schools won't even allow Fobus holsters on the line I'm really curious. If you've never tried to use them for serious or formal training or used that crap in an actual gun fight your experiences using them to "draw and shoot" and at stuff at the range is pretty meaningless.

Like lots of folks......I've got a box of holsters for various make/models kicking around in a closet with leather and other forms of holsters that basically sucked donkey balls

probably have $600 in holsters that I've "evolved" away from.....

I'll sell them for 75 bucks to anyone that wants to learn the hard way which holsters suck....without having to purchase them all new at full price....

PM me....

In theory only, an NES gtg-holster-swap-meet would be an incredible day of BBQ. Why theory? Imagine a bunch of shooters with new pistols, with new guns, practicing drawing and asking "does this make me look fat?". [rofl]

In theory only, an NES gtg-holster-swap-meet would be an incredible day of BBQ. Why theory? Imagine a bunch of shooters with new pistols, with new guns, practicing drawing and asking "does this make me look fat?". [rofl]
I've been thinking about putting together something like this...with blue guns, for exactly that reason.

I wouldn't call Clint Smith an asshat, he's probably shot more people and been shot at by more people than any of us could ever contemplate, and he runs one of the most respected and successful firearm training schools in the world.

@Grendizer138 asked if you have TRAINED with those shit holsters, he didn't ask if you use them to shoot "at" stuff at the range with them. So really, who have you trained with? Considering most good training schools won't even allow Fobus holsters on the line I'm really curious. If you've never tried to use them for serious or formal training or used that crap in an actual gun fight your experiences using them to "draw and shoot" and at stuff at the range is pretty meaningless.
He had a temper tantrum and took the dude's holster and stomped on it like a two year old.

I like my Fobus holsters. They work great for me. If you're not a fan of them then don't use them.
And if that guy running the range can't control his temper he should step away and calm down. That kind of behavior on a live range is unacceptable.

Like lots of folks......I've got a box of holsters for various make/models kicking around in a closet with leather and other forms of holsters that basically sucked donkey balls

probably have $600 in holsters that I've "evolved" away from.....

I'll sell them for 75 bucks to anyone that wants to learn the hard way which holsters suck....without having to purchase them all new at full price....

PM me....

Tried that years ago. Also had a nice LMT MWS .308 I tried to move a few years ago. Most here are skinflints that can barely afford their offgrid shed in the woods and wouldnt know a good rifle or holster if it jumped up and bit them in the ass.

My theory is the following: If you are going to carry a large frame gun concealed in your pants you probably want a double clip IWB holster. Why? The logic is simple: That wide frame is going to want to rotate along the vertical axis of that single clip on the holster because the frame/grip of your gun is much larger in girth than your clip. It's going to want to tilt and dig into your gut and be uncomfortable. With two clips the frame/grip can properly span the space between the two clips and will stay flat and steady. For example: for my Glock 45 all I need is a kydex IWB holster with one clip. The dimensions of the gun just allow it to situate well without a double clip, which I could use if I wanted to but its unnecessary because its more material than you need. Then for my Glock 30S I have an Alien Gear IWB double clip holster. It keeps the gun flat and steady and with more material it is more comfortable with the girthier frame/grip.

In general, this is one reason I really like DeSantis OWB leather holsters: They're extremely sturdy and with two grounding points along the belt they are incredibly stiff and will not tilt. They are my go-to OWB holster for carrying small frame revolvers (which tilt for a different reason than big frame semis) or large steel-framed semis where weight distribution is key.

What really is the benefit of carrying a full-size vs a commander or glock 45? Ive carried my full-size 1911 OWB and my Glock 22 IWB. While they were decently concealed I would never say they disappeared. And more importantly it wasn't always that comfortable. Two high quality holsters based on proven designs etc etc. 5'11.5" 185.

Are people really that much more accurate at defensive pistol ranges with a 5" barrel over a 4" etc?

What really is the benefit of carrying a full-size vs a commander or glock 45? Ive carried my full-size 1911 OWB and my Glock 22 IWB. While they were decently concealed I would never say they disappeared. And more importantly it wasn't always that comfortable. Two high quality holsters based on proven designs etc etc. 5'11.5" 185.

Are people really that much more accurate at defensive pistol ranges with a 5" barrel over a 4" etc?

(1) Increased capacity
(2) Increased weight = better recoil mitigation
(3) Longer sight radius; or, better options for optic mounting
(4) Increased familiarity usually
(5) People carrying larger handguns are usually not as concerned about printing or being outed

Barrel length also isn't determinative of what constitutes a full-sized handgun. G17s only have 4.45" barrels yet are largely considered to be full-sized handguns. Same with the Browning High Power, which has a 4 5/8" barrel.

Back
Top Bottom