• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

People Who Conceal Full Size Handguns

That's a man that could conceal a Puckle gun at his midline.
We both know I'm more the young, fit type, thus the Shield. Something more like this:
steve-urkel-family-matters.jpg

Blue Alpha Low Pro EDC belts are the balls.

How do Tier 1 compare to something like the TRex Raptor? I have a TRex Raptor Appx holster for my G19 and I can't stand it.
As far as I know T-rex isn't to far off, but I've also never carried one to know. I personally have been using this with a surefire x300 light mold with custom multicam in black. After all said and done I believe it was about $120-$130. WITHOUT the light and cool guy colors this holster is about $70 - which is an excellent price point for this holster. I have several of the customized ones with mag cars that run me $160+ and I don't even use them. These Xiphos have been killing it.

Most of those people don't actually carry, though. They buy the shit, they think they are going to, but they don't.
This is the truth, I agree with everything in your post 100%. I won't even go outside my front door without a handgun in my waist - but that's just me. It's a life essential for me at this point walking out the door.

I'm not as much as an expert as most of the people here. My sense is that it doesn't matter what brand or what style as long as it conceals well and you can draw from it expeditiously and smoothly, and it holds the firearm securely.

I'm 5' 10", 160, fit and trim. To make matters worse, I like slim fit suits, pants etc - and I wear these things daily on my walk to the office downtown. I carry a PPK/S nearly every day - during the winter I wear a sweater or vest and use a Concealment Express kydex IWB (non-tuckable); during the warmer months I have a Desantis sof-tuk. The gun doesn't print, but I do worry about the people in the office noticing the clips. On the Desantis I have the J-hook to make it a bit more discreet. But the soft leather isn't that secure. The CE kydex hold the gun better, but is no where near as comfortable.

The biggest problem I have is with belts. I have a healthy wardrobe - and I know I'll get shit for this - at least 10 pairs of expensive shoes/boots. I can't find a good dress belt that is stiff enough - and comes in enough colors. I don't want to put a Hank's dress belt on a $2k suit.

I just picked up a Shield which I will experiment a bit with. Same problems tho.

What are you, f***ing slenderman?
I'm trying to reverse a "big-boned" joke for us skinny guys, but I can't come up with anything that doesn't feel...like a slight. Rest assured, I'm eating a sandwich as I think it through.
If I had read this thread half an hour ago,
I wouldn't have known what to post.
But I've been browsing a meme folder,
so I don't have that problem after all.

funny-pictures-squirrel-snow-kate-moss-stick.jpg

I tried appendix carrying once, then I tried to sit in my car and almost crushed my d*ck.
Must be easier with a vag.
I couldn't even imagine appendix carrying a vag.
And then someone posted that photo of Nadler
and it all became clear.

If you carry a stainless steel gun, you dont have to worry about peeing on it.
Well, that explains Mister Lahey's endorsements...

Last edited:
Yes, I have OWB'd a Sig P220 roughly @ 3:00 position, forget what brand holster, but surprisingly doable.
I am absolutely not a fan of AWIB, with anything bigger than a BG380/P238.
Not out of fear, simply uncomfortable for me. 🤷
sorry, I was trying to ask if you tried being bigger. failed joke, my bad.

totally rock what is comfortable for you

I think the most important gear for carry is the belt. you need a proper, stiff, 1 and a half inch+ wide belt, not the 1/2" Kmart special dress belt. it all falls into place with the right belt no matter what size gun you want to carry.
Can’t preach this enough. If you have a shit belt your whole setup will pretty much be junk.

I hope ur kidding about using a Fobus holster.... [puke][puke2]

I carry a G19 every day, sometimes with a tlr7 and a red dot, sometimes just iron sights, 4 O'clock in an NSR "Yeager" holster (he's an ass but the holster is the shit), I wear jeans and a polo every day with a Nexbelt, sometimes a tucked in shirt, I have a tuckable NSR holster in the same style for that. I could easily do a g17 too, but it would print more often, I still wouldn't care much though, sheeple don't notice.

If I'm going somewhere carry is illegal or forbidden I switch to my p365 either appendix or 4 o'clock depending on if I'm gonna be sitting or standing a lot, I use a simple kydex iwb holster with a clip so I can slide it wherever I want it discreetly under my shirt. If it's a really sketchy place to carry I'll give in and throw my S&W 438 on my left ankle in a Galco ankle glove.
Why would I be kidding? I have 5 or 6 Fobus holsters and I like them very much. They're inexpensive, have good retention, and they do the job.
I have one for a 1911, a K-Frame Smith, a Glock 19, Glock 26, and one or two others.

I mostly carry my p365 xl with a slim tuk. Do carry a 19x, 45, p226, mark 23. All iwb.

When doing chores outside the house (mowing, washing the car) usually pocket carry a lcp .22 or a .38 snub

Why would I be kidding? I have 5 or 6 Fobus holsters and I like them very much. They're inexpensive, have good retention, and they do the job.
I have one for a 1911, a K-Frame Smith, a Glock 19, Glock 26, and one or two others.

View: https://youtu.be/wucGuLhF6X0

They are absolute garbage, and the paddle is even worse. They are not fit for serious use.

I'm not as much as an expert as most of the people here. My sense is that it doesn't matter what brand or what style as long as it conceals well and you can draw from it expeditiously and smoothly, and it holds the firearm securely.

I'm 5' 10", 160, fit and trim. To make matters worse, I like slim fit suits, pants etc - and I wear these things daily on my walk to the office downtown. I carry a PPK/S nearly every day - during the winter I wear a sweater or vest and use a Concealment Express kydex IWB (non-tuckable); during the warmer months I have a Desantis sof-tuk. The gun doesn't print, but I do worry about the people in the office noticing the clips. On the Desantis I have the J-hook to make it a bit more discreet. But the soft leather isn't that secure. The CE kydex hold the gun better, but is no where near as comfortable.

The biggest problem I have is with belts. I have a healthy wardrobe - and I know I'll get shit for this - at least 10 pairs of expensive shoes/boots. I can't find a good dress belt that is stiff enough - and comes in enough colors. I don't want to put a Hank's dress belt on a $2k suit.

I just picked up a Shield which I will experiment a bit with. Same problems tho.
None of those are full-size. This seems more like a post for the first world problems thread.

I carried a Colt govt. model 1911 in an IWB holster under a T shirt for a while. I bought a plastic pistol because every day the Colt was rusty from me sweating on it. I didn't want to ruin that beautiful Colt blue job.

A Shield.

There’s your problem.

I carry my M&P9c IWB in a CrossBreed Supertuck.

When I carry my 1911, I do have an IWB holster for it, but prefer to carry it in a Miami (shoulder) rig, with a couple full mags on the other side to balance it out a bit. Any hoodie, jacket, or vest conceals it.

If I carry my Revolver (S&W Model 66-8 4.25") I have an OWB "pancake" holster from Simply Rugged

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom