Pellet gun for varmint control

That's when I usually see them is when I'm in my house and I look out in my yard. If I go outside I hear "Scatter its the owner"! and they disappear.

I wouldn't mind spending $300 for something quiet and accurate
Hatsan 22 cal sniper. Vortex piston. Awesome pellet rifle ! I have it in camo stock

Aguila Super Colibri out of a bolt 22lr rifle is quieter than a pellet rifle, and the report is about the volume of a loud clap. Once I shot a rabbit at about 20-yd range and it entered near the based of the skull and lodged at the shoulder blade on the opposite end. All it did was a few death kicks of the legs. The tissue trauma was significant for such a light bullet.

3433.jpg

Of course, technically you'd be discharging a firearm in a residential neighborhood.[devil]

Baked with meatballs, bacon and herbs:

DSC01176.jpg

Agreed about FPE.

What scope are you using on your 75 yard setup? That's a lot of drop.
i have a modified Discovery with a Hawke AirMax
I have this gun down to a touch over MOA shooting in the sweet zone of the PSI range which is mid 1850 down to about 1700 for about 8 shots. From a high fill (right to 2000psi produces unpredictable impacts) so i run it a touch over 1900 and as low as 1600 before seeing major shifts in drop.
I had to put a power valve adjust on it and run around 700fps to get good consistency . Its a first Gen Disco .
Now it seems even the cheaper PcP guns are running regulated valves.

Back
Top Bottom