• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pawtucket RI Gun "buyback".

Lost Treasures and Competition Shooting Supplies are both just over 1 mile away. Given the typical quality of most turned in firearms has anyone actually scored a good deal at a buy-back?

It looks like the PD isn't as serious as I thought. I just read this in the ad too. Apparently "no questions asked" doesn't mean what I thought it did.
Also it mentions that they won't be giving gift cards for "junk" guns, so I'm guessing that this is how they get out of giving people $100 gift cards for pipe guns people make in a couple hours from $7 worth of pipe and wood.

Which sucks because I was going to do that. :D

As for showing residency, I don't understand why they're doing it. You'd think the pigs running the gun buybacks on the East side of RI would want to try and get people in the rural West part of RI out to give up their guns and increase public saftey cuz we know small PD's in towns in West RI don't have the money or don't care about buybacks.

It looks like the PD isn't as serious as I thought. I just read this in the ad too. Apparently "no questions asked" doesn't mean what I thought it did.

Sounds a little fishy to me.
"Hello anonymous tip line" "May I have your name and address ? "

How many of the people joking about making junk guns for the cheap to "profit" off the state also bemoan wasteful government spending?

Individuals surrendering a firearm...
Yep. That's residents surrendering to what is supposed to be their government.
...must show proof that they are a Pawtucket resident, such as a driver’s license or tax or utility bill.
No questions asked.
While gift cards will only be awarded for operable firearms, the Police Department will also accept unwanted BB or pellet guns, as well as unwanted ammunition.
Could not be more clear.

Lost Treasures and Competition Shooting Supplies are both just over 1 mile away. Given the typical quality of most turned in firearms has anyone actually scored a good deal at a buy-back?
Is Lost Treasures open again? Or are they still down after the fire? [thinking] Anyone know?

This is about the worst, chintziest, least aggressive "gun buyback" I've heard of lately. The leftist gun-grabbers down there must not want to pay out very much. Looks like they just want to make some self-serving noise in the media and be done with it. [hmmm]

Is Lost Treasures open again? Or are they still down after the fire? [thinking] Anyone know?

This is about the worst, chintziest, least aggressive "gun buyback" I've heard of lately. The leftist gun-grabbers down there must not want to pay out very much. Looks like they just want to make some self-serving noise in the media and be done with it. [hmmm]
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but if they're requiring a person to give proof of residency in Pawtucket, they're keeping that information on file for the future.

What future? I'll leave that to you to find out. Just saying a person with one gun usually has more.

- - - Updated - - -

How many of the people joking about making junk guns for the cheap to "profit" off the state also bemoan wasteful government spending?
It's the one rare instance where I or others can make a profit off of government incompetence. Every other time it's us that has to foot the bill for the other wasteful spending.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but if they're requiring a person to give proof of residency in Pawtucket, they're keeping that information on file for the future.

What future? I'll leave that to you to find out. Just saying a person with one gun usually has more.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the one rare instance where I or others can make a profit off of government incompetence. Every other time it's us that has to foot the bill for the other wasteful spending.

I disagree. If you are against wasteful spending, and you mean it, then you should be against all wasteful spending. Otherwise it just becomes “only when it benefits me” which is the viewpoint of those who want to leech off the system.

- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE

As it IS Pawtucket... it would be kind of awesome for them to run every single ID received for outstanding warrants.

I’d love to see a headline of “30 arrested at Pawtucket “buy back” for outstanding warrants”. They would never have to do another “buy back”, ever.

I disagree. If you are against wasteful spending, and you mean it, then you should be against all wasteful spending. Otherwise it just becomes “only when it benefits me” which is the viewpoint of those who want to leech off the system.
If I'm not for me, who will be? If I am only for me, who am I?

I don't support buybacks because they do nothing to reduce crime and are a waste of money and resources. Does that mean they're going to stop? Nope. Does my trolling of a buyback constitute wasteful spending? Nope, I put that money right back into the economy from whence the government happily took it.

Back
Top Bottom