• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Part time resident as per 4473 - suggestions?

scott-o

NES Member
Attleboro Area in MA and Littleton Area in NH
Looks like I soon may be considered a part time resident in NH per the instructions on 4473.
I have a valid gov't photo ID (passport) and proof of residence (tax bill/electric with my name on it).

I believe this should be sufficient for purchasing if I find something that peeks my interest while retaining my residency, if someone of which this also this applies could confirm this that would be great.

Also, I know some shops might be ignorant of this provision (by reading other threads) and seek to require a drivers license instead of passport.
If anyone has the name or location of shops that are friendly to part time residents please PM me. I am in the the White Mountains region so closer to there is better but anywhere between is good too.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Leaving messages all around about Scott bin ladin. Goes by various names.

Kidding good luck. Love white mountains. Go every year

I’m no expert in the matter but I believe most FFLs want to see a NH drivers license. It’s their ass on the line so their rules.

also, when the address you put on 4473 doesn’t jive with your primary resident address, I would assume you’d get delayed at best....

lots of people with vacation homes. Doesn’t make you a resident, especially in NHs eyes. Out of state plates doesn’t help you either. Good luck.

I’m no expert in the matter but I believe most FFLs want to see a NH drivers license. It’s their ass on the line so their rules.

also, when the address you put on 4473 doesn’t jive with your primary resident address, I would assume you’d get delayed at best....

lots of people with vacation homes. Doesn’t make you a resident, especially in NHs eyes. Out of state plates doesn’t help you either. Good luck.
But do they ask for a license in nh? Or just fill out the form? Asking . No idea

But do they ask for a license in nh? Or just fill out the form? Asking . No idea
They ask for drivers license. Even people I know fairly well and they know who I am and where I live as they’ve been to my house....

NH FFLs all demand to see a DL. Passport won't do. Delays, if any, won't have anything to do with what is "primary resident address". Delays are very common in NH, but it is due to the issues of the state POC, not the identity of the person. You fill out the forms with NH address while in NH, that is per the instructions for the 4473.

I'm a dual resident and have bought 3 handguns in NH, no issues at all, however, I have an NH DL, so it raises no suspicions at an FFL.
See above.

Back
Top Bottom