Palmetto State Armory

Ordered an upper on 12/12 and have yet to hear about it but like everyone else said, the price was right. Looking forward to finishing my first AR

Just be aware the barrel probably isn't chrome lined, hence the lack of specs.

From what I can tell, it being chrome lined isn't that bad since corrosive ammo is a thing of the past. Also, since I won't be doing mag dumps and rapid fire exercises, the barrel should stay relatively cool. Not to mention that this will be a beater firearm, something I will let friends and family use at the range so in the event I have to change out the barrel in a few years (by then ready for a decent barrel, which is the same price as the upper) I won't loose any sleep over it.

Honestly, the main reason here is to make this rifle as tacti-cool as possible for my friends, who aren't familiar with firearms to peak their interest and to get out and shoot, make them aware of how people want to ban firearms solely on their looks and how my firearm mocks that idea.

I am thinking about picking one of these up: http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...m-diamond-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

It comes with the rail I want, and it has a forged upper, there isn't much for specs on the barrel, but for a beater gun, I see nothing really wrong with it. I guess someone just will have to buy it an and give it a review.

Just be aware the barrel probably isn't chrome lined, hence the lack of specs.

Sometimes they are just lazy in the descriptions of their clearance/sale items. They are good about answering questions over on arfcom in their industry section on such items. Sometimes they sell out fairly quick once they clarify though, so be quick about it if it is something you really want.

Last edited:
I don't think either way that it's a bad choice for a beater. As Ive said before I own a few PSA/PTAC uppers.

Nope, nothing wrong at all with it as a beater. Sometimes it is a crapshoot with PSA, they have some screaming deals from time to time, and other times they are just deals[smile]

I ordered some AR mags before when they were on sale for $6/each and ammo and got the shipment within a week, other stuff such as the lower parts kit was ordered last Monday and still hasn't shipped yet. As others have said, its a crap shot, they either ship right away or ship in 2 weeks.

I ordered a Sig P238 on Christmas night and picked it up last night at my LGS. Not too bad considering holidays in the mix.

My first order with them and will not be my last.

Pricing is extremely good even after shipping and FFL fee.

Lower parts kit ordered 1/2/2015, arrived 1/22/2015, 20 days is now the average lead time. They have ammo on sale: LC XM855, 420 rounds for $169.99, free shipping. I just ordered 2 boxes. Probably won't see it until March though.

My order from 12/17 finally came today. I would love to know how they do their shopping, their dates are all over the place.

My order from 12/17 finally came today. I would love to know how they do their shopping, their dates are all over the place.

Hmmm...I ordered an upper on 1/8, and it's sitting in Shrewsbury because of the weather, or I'd have gotten it today. This was entirely within my expectation.

Holidays must have had them backed up (more orders, staff vacations).

Older thread I know. But I've never had a problem with PSA. They take about a week to ship and the rest is UPS ground. However long it takes for UPS ground to get to your location from SC. Usually about another 4 days for me. Never fast enough but within my expected window. I've ordered a lot from them.

I only purchase when they have screaming deals and I know it's going to be a month before I see it. Last month I got a few cans (420 rounds) of Federal XM193 for $169.99 with free shipping.

I ordered two H&K P2000 (compact) 10-rounders on December 26th and received two H&K P2000sk (subcompact) 10-rounders on January 14th.

I notified them of the error and they processed the exchange. They then sent me one H&K P2000 (compact) 10-rounder and one H&K P2000sk (subcompact) 10-rounder. [slap]

I notified them again of the error and finally got everything squared away.

Everything worked out, but was painfully slow.

Back
Top Bottom