Palm Beach Sheriff awarded 1 million to create "violence prevension" team. Ugh!

Anyone reading this get a really ice-cold chill up their necks? This sheriff was given one MILLION dollars to work with so he's going to build a "violence prevention" team to interdict potential crimes before they happen. So, call the town and bitch about the mayor raising your taxes and you can probably expect a visit from one of the local “prevention intervention” units featuring specially trained deputies, mental health professionals and caseworkers. The teams will respond to citizen phone calls to a 24-hour hotline with a knock on the door and a referral to services, if needed.

Palm Beach County sheriff gets $1 million for violence... | www.mypalmbeachpost.com

I'm sure that million bucks will go a long way to institute yet another bureaucracy which creates digital files on the local citizens. I'm also sure that confiscation of their firearms won't be far behind. It's for the children, of course.

There isn't another better place to spend a million bucks today? I hope this idea doesn't catch on across the country.

Rome

Thats what happens when people change the titles.

Who is going to search the title "If the guy down the street says he hates the government" when the title of the article is "Palm Beach County Sheriff".......?

I'm not hating, it happens to all of us, the titles people come up with are nuts. I was just pointing out that it was already on here. I remembered seeing it yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry! I did check. It didn't register.

Rome

no need to apologize

Back
Top Bottom