Pack and Postal Lancaster, MA

P&P located out in Lancaster is a pretty good gun shop with loads of milsurp rifles. They also have a huge selection of used handguns, but most are not Ma. compliant for one reason or another. :?

If you have a c&r license,then this is place to go. Great prices.

Mike,

I hope we are talking about the same place. I tried to go there once but could not find it! When I called, the man I talked to seemed to be unable to describe how to get there. Can you give me directions?

There was a company with a name like that who advertised in Gun List, selling mostly collectible guns in Lancaster. Since I no longer subscribe to GL, I can't find a copy of their ad.

Is this the place you are talking about?

Pack and Postal Center
210 Mill Street, Lancaster, MA 01523
(978) 368-0910

If this is the place, the following URL is the map to the location (and you can get specific driving directions to the place):

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/s...Mill+Street&city=Lancaster&state=MA&zip=01523

I should mention that if anyone does go there, you won't see any gunshop signs on the outside of the bldg. It's a small shipping outfit. The gun room is kinda small and cluttered with rifles everywhere and the walls are covered with handguns.

Hey guys!

I go there all the time! They don't have many MA compliant hand guns, but their C&R rifles are VERY plentiful.

I will try directions:
rte 495 to rte 117 west
take a left onto rte 70
Follow rte 70 to MILL st on the LEFT
Follow MILL st about a mile and Joe Dube's Pack and Postal will be on the left. (I suggest checking out a map... my 12 month old daughter is trying to hit keys on the computer so I am a bit distracted)
It looks like a wharehouse. I advise calling first to see if they are open. They keep really weird hours... 10-3 I think.
Ask to speak to Bill.
Good luck!

Hmm... since we have a customer in Lancaster, and I'll be there pulling cable on Wednesday [cry], think I'll have to try and stop in. If I do, I'll post a report.

Ross

I tried to find them once (about two-three years ago) and could not. They used to have a one- or two-page spread in SGN with a lot of firearms. I may have to try again based on the above directions.

I went ot Pack and Postal for the first time after a friend of mine took me there. WOW !!!!! It can put some firearms museums to shame. There are absolutely no indications on the outside of the building that there is a gun store inside. It looks like one of those package and shipping places and indeed, that is one part of the business.

The reason, according to my friend, that it was hard to visit in the past was that the owner was primarily interested in interstate trade, selling to collectors all over the country. He kept irregular retail hours. Now there is another guy there who keeps regular hours. They still advertise, I have a Gun List from 12/16/05 and they have a two page ad.

The down -side to all of this, is that most of their merchandise is sadly not MA compliant. Those guns that are, are color coded on the sales tags. I had no problem handling the guns, even if they weren't Mass compliant.

Phone number is 978-368-0910, 310 Mill St., Lancaster, MA (about 6 miles from my house...so near yet so far because so much of the stock it "off limits")

This is one of Massachusetts's little secrets...very low profile, but what a store !!!!

Mark

Wow!

Went to go see Pack & Postal myself last night...

Wow!

Got to get my C&R license now...

Wow!

Old guns galore! Dozen AR's, ten M-1 Garands, half-dozen M-1 Carbines... Walls lined with Mauser Broomhandles, Lugers, etc. More 1911's than you can shake a stick at. Ok, 99% of the handguns are not on the "list", but it's open season on collectible long guns!

Did I say Wow? Wow squared! I've lived in the area 13 years and never knew about this place only 15 minutes away. As described previously, owner focuses on mail order business, and the place is definitely in stealth mode.

Got to get my C&R....

KK

Question - do you need a C&R FFL to purchase at Pack & Postal or can you purchase "at retail" like Four Seasons or Collectors? Also - how did the M1 Carbines look? Thanks.

You can buy the "approved roster" handguns just like any other retail store, along with the "non-assault weapon" long guns. The C&R just allows you to get other, collectable or 50-year-old (+) guns that you wouldn't normally be able to buy under Mass Law.

The M-1 Carbines were fairly decent, saw a Standard Products and an Inland, I believe, but prices were in the $700 - $875 range. Personally, I would wait to talk to Charles Hadley if you're in the market for one - that's where I got mine. He usually shows up at the New England Gun Shows, and I have his phone # if you'd like to give him a call.

KK

Thanks for the clarification and M1 info. I was originally looking for a reliable "shooter" rather than a collectable. I was ready to buy a new AO/Kahr M1 until the poor reviews started popping up (now know to stay away from most of the prev commercial ones as well). Trying to decide on whether to sell off something to fund a Fulton Armory M1 Carbine or look for a cheaper alternative.

Additional

One thing about them. They do most of their business online. Their inventory turns over quickly and often. I was there yesterday and they some beautiful M1 carbines including a mint Winchester. I don't think you're going to find many shooters there but as I said the inventory moves quickly.

If you're looking for a shooter (like me) you might try Four Seasons. I got one there a while back for less than $400 and I believe they may have one or two in stock. I haven't heard much good about the new ones and you should be able to find A GI model for the same price or less if you look.

I'm starting a new job in Marlboro next Monday, and in preparation, today I tried out a small tweak to the backroads commute route I figured out when I was working over by Solomon Pond Mall. Well, the tweak goes down Mill St, and I went by Pack and Postal. I must've filed this thread in the back of my mind, because it's been itching at me since I got home, and I finally had to dig up thes thread.

Hoo boy! Everyday, I'll be going by this place to and from work!

I'm starting a new job in Marlboro next Monday, and in preparation, today I tried out a small tweak to the backroads commute route I figured out when I was working over by Solomon Pond Mall. Well, the tweak goes down Mill St, and I went by Pack and Postal. I must've filed this thread in the back of my mind, because it's been itching at me since I got home, and I finally had to dig up thes thread.

Hoo boy! Everyday, I'll be going by this place to and from work!

Now the trick is getting there when he is open.I'm pretty sure he is open on Saturdays only (sometimes) at 11AM.One time I called and inquired as to the opening time,told it was 10AM,got there at 1030 and the old dude working the counter didn't know when the guy was coming in to open up shop.

So I left.

He ended opening up at 12PM.

Good luck,as alluded to earlier, he does most his business online and apparently sees no need to open his shop at a consistent time or day.

Last time I was there, maybe 3 weeks ago...Joe is running the whole show by himself now. He is usually around the country on buying trips, so he does have odd hours. Best to call first.

I love to browse around his shop, like a trip back in time.[wink]

Ha anyone been here recently? I just heard about them the other day and it sounds like a great place.

The last time I went there a year or so ago, the old guy in the front made it pretty clear to me that walk ins weren't terribly welcome anymore. He wasn't hostile or anything, just that they had weren't operating a store front any longer.

Haven't been back since. Too bad. What a collection

Talked with a guy running a table at the Fitchburg gunshow off to the right hand side along the wall. He was selling a bunch of stuff from packandpostal. He told me about the website and said it was just getting started. He said the owner was just interested in selling guns and that he (the guy I was talking with) was going to be selling other items and to watch the website. Said new things will be added regularly.
Website
http://www.packandpostal.com/

I seem to be in the cradle of firearms- Tite Group, The Gun Room, Callahan's. K&R, Pack and postal and Blue Northern all within a few minutes from home.

now if I could only get a f***ing job, I could go out and buy a bunch of stuff I want....[sad2]

Nice to see Joe finally got a website up, I told him years ago to put one up, but he said it would take up too much of his time to maintain. Spends all his time travelling around the country buying up collections. [grin]

Talked with a guy running a table at the Fitchburg gunshow off to the right hand side along the wall. He was selling a bunch of stuff from packandpostal. He told me about the website and said it was just getting started. He said the owner was just interested in selling guns and that he (the guy I was talking with) was going to be selling other items and to watch the website. Said new things will be added regularly.
Website
http://www.packandpostal.com/

Thanks EDD!

Walk in business not likely to happen

I called today around 1pm to ask if they were still doing any walk in business and what their hours were. The nice older guy that answered the phone said that Jim, whom I presume is the owner, isn’t in this week so no one could help me. I asked about next week and he said he doesn’t know. I asked if there was ANY day I could come in and he said he doesn’t know when Jim is in or not and to call first and if he's there, to come in immediately. [thinking]

He said they have thousands of guns and asked if I was looking for anything specific. I said no, only what tickles my fancy. He confirmed they sell primarily through Gun Digest and since I didn’t have a copy on me at the moment I had nowhere to go with the conversation. Their website is just for some antiques and only a tiny fraction of what they have.

I’m sorry to confirm that they really, really don’t want walk in customers since they don’t keep any hours and were not eager to have me come in. A shame really given the high praise I’ve read here.

The boys from the pack and postal will be at the Marlboro show this weekend with a few 03s and some other C&R guns the prices are really right. 99% of what Joe sells he sells to FFLs around the country. Todd and Marc do the local shows for Joe. I think joe only does the shows so the guys can make a few extra bucks. His business model is as a wholesaler.

Back
Top Bottom