PA No Longer Honors FL Non-Resident!!!

The PA AG has posted a newly signed Reciprocity Agreement with Florida. The wording has changed. It now states:

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida;

PA already had a signed agreement with FL and now they have signed a new one. PA has been in a running argument with residents of PA carrying in PA with a FL Non-Resident Permit/License. Mainly in Philadelphia is where this has been coming up. But from the new agreement PA will no longer Honor the FL Non-Resident Permit/License. FL no longer puts the Address of their Permit/License holder on the Permit/License so your state issued ID will tell them your state of Residence. You can read the new agreement here:
http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf

Gary Slider
Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Oh well at least I can still OC while there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I grabbed a PA non-res permit couple of years ago, when you could still mail in a copy and didn't have to drive there for an 'in person'

They at least USED TO.

As recently as 11/23/12 the PA reciprocity list (Crime: Protecting Pennsylvania Against Crime - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General) has a line that has since been deleted. It stated that "It is the positon of the Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the recipricol contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence." I wonder if a new AG doesnt hold the same position???

I had printed this out (thats how I got the quote from above) before I went to PA in December. Funny that this line has been removed.

EDIT!!

This language was there as recently as 1/17/13! See the cached version of the reciprocity page!

Crime: Protecting Pennsylvania Against Crime - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General

Last edited:
my understanding is they will not accept non resident FL permits for residents of PA but will still honor non resident permits for those out of PA

Back
Top Bottom