P365

It's because of them cucking out to the AG at different times on CMR940 theres a very odd chronology to all of that crap. S&W and Glock always got more scrutiny from AG Coakely than other manufacturers. Years ago when the M&P .45 came out Smith tried to offer it in MA with just the safety version without f***ing up the trigger, that lasted about a month and then either distributors got cold feet or the AG slapped their pee pee, or both. Some dealers sold the guns but I don't remember whether deli ticket emporium ever got to it or not, I literally only remember seeing that gun in MA for two weeks before they shut it down. Then eventually it reappeared with the typical mass M&P broken trigger.
I completely understand what happened there, but I was more referring to the more recent inconsistencies with that application. Because there are guns that are MA models that still have exceptional triggers that are safety models and MA #SKUs so it's not a case of just working around that. If you've been the following the deli ticket emporium emails you'll note some interesting additions as of late. I'll PM that one because that should be an interesting note to the state of MA and them.

And to think just a couple weeks ago, another nes member thought cabelas was getting out firearms because they had nothing.

$500 is a decent price.

As for Sig working around the clock ..that is good to hear.

Snooze you lose. You won't see one again for a while, especially at that price. As to the safety, some guns should have one. This gun does not have a trigger safety. It also has a forward break point with little travel. Catch any little thing and that trigger can fire the gun unlike Glock, M&P etc which have trigger safety's. I know some will throw a fit over this, but oh well.

If the user is competent, safe, and aware of what they are doing, they can be just as safe with a firearm without a lever safety, as they would be with one.

Last edited:
Can you buy a 365 without a safety in MA (from a FFL)? Or better yet, due to lack of inventory in MA, buy at Sig have them transfer to a MA FFL? Shot one today (non XL), and they're are awseome, though the grip is a tad short for the pinky - and I'm someone with (golf glove) medium size hands.

Can you buy a 365 without a safety in MA (from a FFL)? Or better yet, due to lack of inventory in MA, buy at Sig have them transfer to a MA FFL?

the fcu is the part of the gun that’s a gun. The frame isn’t the gun so the answer to Q1 is sort of.

Any P365 XL's there?
Just picked one up. Put the little dot on it as well. Pretty easy to shoot well for a little gun. Whilst waiting on appropriate leather kydex I found it to fit in a Comp Tac that's actually for a 4 inch 1911 almost perfect.

Not so sure about the Romeo Zero. It works well for now, zeroed easy, I've actually had great luck with a Romeo 1 in all aspects , just Zero seems kind of...well...I wouldn't plan on using it for a hammer and the control button might as well not be there as well. Time will tell I guess.
My first, second and third choice in dots however seem to be somewhere between hard to get and non-existent for the time being.

Just picked one up. Put the little dot on it as well. Pretty easy to shoot well for a little gun. Whilst waiting on appropriate leather kydex I found it to fit in a Comp Tac that's actually for a 4 inch 1911 almost perfect.

Not so sure about the Romeo Zero. It works well for now, zeroed easy, I've actually had great luck with a Romeo 1 in all aspects , just Zero seems kind of...well...I wouldn't plan on using it for a hammer and the control button might as well not be there as well. Time will tell I guess.
My first, second and third choice in dots however seem to be somewhere between hard to get and non-existent for the time being.
Good assessment on the Romeo Zero. I agree.

I bought a new XL with the dot and the battery died within 1 month. I'll probably be replacing it at some point.

The safety is easy to put in so it's probably as easy to remove just need a non safety grip module & if your going to swap grips on a reg 365 you might as well get the XL grip.

ODS in Yarmouth had some XL's early last week. Don't know if he has any left. They were $650 with the standard sights.

So, not so old thread, but, resurrecting it anyway.

Just got myself this little thing at MFS, as i went there to practice with my G34.
It is a model with the safety - should be removable, but, i will see about that. apparently, it is a model that should not have much issues. serial is in range of 66B3001xx.
I had with me my regular waste grade tula rounds, so, ran about of 3 mags worth through this P365.
I gotta say it did not completely susk. :) it takes a bit of getting used to the sights - the front one sits a bit high - i am used to setting tops of sights even, here you need to align the dots that are not that great to see, so front has to be 1/2mm or 1mm visually higher than the rear. grip was ok, groups from 5 yds were within 2-3", ok - could have been better i guess.
rapid fire at same distance i was able to put 8 out of 10 into 6" circle, so, handles more of less ok - much better than i expected.

so, it ate about of 30 rounds of tula, ejected all fine, had 2 duds. may be a striker was weaker then a glock, or may be that box of tula was crappier than usual.
it did not seem to drag striker pin on primers - i looked and all seemed fine.

trigger pull at the end of the trigger is 5.5#. would be nice to bring it to 4# - will need to look at it, but, even as is it feels actually lighter than it measures and is not an issue. still, i would prefer to lighten it up a bit.

so, for what`s it worth - i am more or less ok, now need to shop for a good IWB holster for this.

are there anybody here who got this laser installed -
View: https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-LIMA365-Laser-Compact/dp/B07DPVQP2G

can you say anything about it - good or bad?
I don't recommend dedicated lasers to anybody that isn't using night vision. Visible lasers are worthless on basically everything except getting a zero on a slaved nonvisible laser. ;)
I'd say get a light and keep the extra money in your pocket. You'll find target identification to be a far more important quality. Sig also makes a Foxtrot light, but I recommend streamlight TLR6 over theirs. The TLR6 linked does come with a visible laser as well if you must have a laser.
View: https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69284-TLR-6-SAUER-Aiming/dp/B07P7245S6

I don't recommend dedicated lasers to anybody that isn't using night vision. Visible lasers are worthless on basically everything except getting a zero on a slaved nonvisible laser. ;)
I'd say get a light and keep the extra money in your pocket. You'll find target identification to be a far more important quality. Sig also makes a Foxtrot light, but I recommend streamlight TLR6 over theirs. The TLR6 linked does come with a visible laser as well if you must have a laser.
View: https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69284-TLR-6-SAUER-Aiming/dp/B07P7245S6
I agree. Lasers on pistols are useless. Lights, very useful.

I agree on the laser but I wouldn't say lights are useful. My take is they give the advantage to someone laying in wait.
lasers are just fine - i was not aware that a dedicated tlr6 light/laser model exists for p365. it makes much more practical sense, of course.

Last edited:
nonsense.
putting the green Sig Lima on a 365 makes it the best EDC available today.
i did read in reviews that it does not hold zero very well due to the design of the button.
anybody who would try shooting any critter at nighttime would appreciate the laser very much. but, to each his own, i am not going to argue with anybody.
i should receive tlr6 today, i think it should be good. Lima is more streamlined with the p365 frame, but, to have a light also is practical.

anybody who would try shooting any critter at nighttime would appreciate the laser very much. but, to each his own, i am not going to argue with anybody.

The kind of critters I'm worried about are close to 6FT tall and weigh over 200 pounds ;-)

Seriously, when it comes to an EDC, anything that gives me an advantage and allows me to shoot fast and get hits under stress is going to be a winner.

so, i looked at it back and forth - the idea to mill the slide of p365 to fit an rds. i generally like RDSes, but, i have a feel it will be counterproductive.

View: https://youtu.be/wxQtE8mL8so

i think even with RMSc it adds too much on the top of the gun.

i do not want to go p365xl slide way, as it`s kind of even more counterproductive of what p365 is so great about - its small form factor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom