• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P365

Stopped at Cabelas on my way home and to my surprise there was a P365 sitting in the case for $499.99. Asked the woman if they had more than one and she said "I have a couple".

I left without one. What's wrong with me? Geesh
BTW that was 3 pm this afternoon.

Last edited:
Stopped at Cabelas on my way home and to my surprise there was a P365 sitting in the case for $499.99. Asked the woman if they had more than one and she said "I have a couple".

I left without one. What's wrong with me? Geesh
BTW that was 3 pm this afternoon.

Many things, I’m sure. The least of which is not walking out with a 365.

I keeeeeeed, I keeeeeed!!!

Safety kit modules are available to install on all P365 models, so it stands to reason that a manual safety version can be de-f**ked. Sure, better if you can find a free state, but could be an option if Covid makes it impossible for the foreseeable future.

Is $500 good?

Typically Cabellas is at least $100 more than anywhere else.

Is $500 good?

Typically Cabellas is at least $100 more than anywhere else.

I think $499 is MSRP for the Free State version. When you could still find a free state version in MA, they were going for $599. I don't think they were selling for $399 in the free states but I may be wrong.

That's why it has a safety. Having a safety allows a firearm to bypass that trigger requirement in its entirety. Which is how new 1911s end up on the list.

M&P Shield comes with 10lb trigger, regardless of having safety as well. Just wanted to make sure Sig did not follow the suit. Thank you for confirming.

You probably didn't want the shit version with the safety on it. That's why they had them there. The unf***ed ones are harder to come by.
The safety isn't that big of a deal, I just leave mine off. It's so small and unobtrusive it really doesn't get in the way and it is positioned where your thumb naturally sweeps down during the draw anyway. It's also an extra line of safety against an nd when pocket carrying the 365 too, which I do sometimes. The safety can also be easily removed, and I believe SIG has some little plugs that can fill the empty hole just like S&W does for the thumb safety M&P's.

I think $499 is MSRP for the Free State version. When you could still find a free state version in MA, they were going for $599. I don't think they were selling for $399 in the free states but I may be wrong.

$399? Maybe a different gun variant sold at the beginning (back when the P365s were all f***ed up) with no night sights, otherwise that seems implausible. One of the dealers here can
probably tell us what Free state MAP (minimum advertised price) # is but I doubt it is anywhere near $399.

The safety isn't that big of a deal, I just leave mine off. It's so small and unobtrusive it really doesn't get in the way and it is positioned where your thumb naturally sweeps down during the draw anyway. It's also an extra line of safety against an nd when pocket carrying the 365 too, which I do sometimes.
Everything that can fail will fail when you need it the most. The safety might be fine when you are practicing, relaxed in a controlled environment.

So, why have one more thing that can fail?

As far as pocket carrying, a good holster should fix that.

M&P Shield comes with 10lb trigger, regardless of having safety as well. Just wanted to make sure Sig did not follow the suit. Thank you for confirming.
Yeah, I blame that more on S&W though because if you look at the S&W EZ 2.0 or the M&P2.0 safety those are great products. I actually have somebody I could ask why it is that way and maybe get a legitimate answer.

Yeah, I blame that more on S&W though because if you look at the S&W EZ 2.0 or the M&P2.0 safety those are great products. I actually have somebody I could ask why it is that way and maybe get a legitimate answer.

It's because of them cucking out to the AG at different times on CMR940 theres a very odd chronology to all of that crap. S&W and Glock always got more scrutiny from AG Coakely than other manufacturers. Years ago when the M&P .45 came out Smith tried to offer it in MA with just the safety version without f***ing up the trigger, that lasted about a month and then either distributors got cold feet or the AG slapped their pee pee, or both. Some dealers sold the guns but I don't remember whether deli ticket emporium ever got to it or not, I literally only remember seeing that gun in MA for two weeks before they shut it down. Then eventually it reappeared with the typical mass M&P broken trigger.

I considered it at one point but I really don't like micro guns with heavy trigger pulls that are impossible to load.

It doesn't have a heavy trigger pull. Not impossible to load either once you get past the initial factory stiffness (which doesn't take long).

Everything that can fail will fail when you need it the most. The safety might be fine when you are practicing, relaxed in a controlled environment.

So, why have one more thing that can fail?

As far as pocket carrying, a good holster should fix that.
I grew up shooting 1911's, 92fs/m9's, P226's, brownings and clones of brownings, etc. I've never had a thumb safety or decocker fail in like 20+ years of shooting the piss out of those types of pistols and carrying them in real world environments. I've had every other type of commons parts failure, and I've had them get a little gritty with sand, but never had one fail. I take the common approach of leaving the safety off like I would on a 92fs/m9. The safety on the 365 is even simpler than any of those and doesn't really have any moving parts to break, and If you train to always sweep a safety off on your draw it is a moot point. Under stress you revert back to your level of training which for me has included pistols with thumb safeties. I sweep my thumb down even on guns without em, it becomes second nature. If you've only ever trained with striker fired pistols and Glocks your whole life I could see where a thumb safety might bother you, but for me I don't really care about them.

I grew up shooting 1911's, 92fs/m9's, P226's, brownings and clones of brownings, etc. I've never had a thumb safety or decocker fail in like 20+ years of shooting the piss out of those types of pistols and carrying them in real world environments. I've had every other type of commons parts failure, and I've had them get a little gritty with sand, but never had one fail. I take the common approach of leaving the safety off like I would on a 92fs/m9. The safety on the 365 is even simpler than any of those and doesn't really have any moving parts to break, and If you train to always sweep a safety off on your draw it is a moot point. Under stress you revert back to your level of training which for me has included pistols with thumb safeties. I sweep my thumb down even on guns without em, it becomes second nature. If you've only ever trained with striker fired pistols and Glocks your whole life I could see where a thumb safety might bother you, but for me I don't really care about them.

The P365 lever isn't too bad but I generally hate the idea of the same on a striker fired handgun, but whatever. At least the P365 safety is not complete shit like the one on the original M&P Shields etc, which was basically just worthless. (the lever is so small its not intuitive).

Off topic but Sig related - I just found out that my third cousin works at Sig :) , not sure if/how I can use it [smile]

He told me two weeks ago all employees received an email that everyone needs to work around the clock because of demand.

$399? Maybe a different gun variant sold at the beginning (back when the P365s were all f***ed up) with no night sights, otherwise that seems implausible. One of the dealers here can
probably tell us what Free state MAP (minimum advertised price) # is but I doubt it is anywhere near $399.

Free State MAPP price for P365 same as MA model $499.99
SAS model MAPP $599.99

Back
Top Bottom