• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P&R as background check?

Perhaps you missed my reference [rofl]
Hope you're still belly laughing when you are handed a specimen collection cup and pointed to the men's room at the police station by the LO @ renewal time! That will be next, along with who knows what else. Suitability and all.

Hope you're still belly laughing when you are handed a specimen collection cup and pointed to the men's room at the police station by the LO @ renewal time! That will be next, along with who knows what else. Suitability and all.
You apparently still don't get the reference. It has NOTHING to do with commentary on the merits of piss testing. At least Asaltweapon got it.

This is for NH.

My church wants anyone that deals with kids to have a background check done. They're willing to reimburse the fee for us, we just bring in a receipt.
The problem is, our town won't do it, so we need to go to the State Police barracks, which is about an hour away and the fee for the check is $25.

The form says who I'd be releasing the info to, does anyone know what info is in a background check that would be done? Does my church get every traffic ticket I've gotten? Do they get all the times I've been arrested for drug dealing but it could never be proved? Or do they just get convictions?

If they just get convictions, would it be the same if I went to the local PD and got a Pistol license for $10? It's two hours less driving and saves the church money.

Does anyone see any holes in my argument? My church is very conservative, and I don't see anyone arguing about getting gun permits, especially when it is simpler.
Editing...

The background check is either a state or insurance requirement and isn't going to be waived.

According to my buddy Google, it'll show non-annulled felony and misdemeanor convictions and pending criminal cases of arrests resulting in convictions from the past seven years.

So unless you were arrested for that naked streaking prank last summer, you should be good to go.

Showing an LTC/P&R is an interesting way of proving you're law abiding.

Last edited:
This site shows he various CORI record check levels, and what level of access is granted based on what entity is doing the check:

Levels of name-based criminal record check access

It also shows what you get when you have your own CORI run. Interestingly enough, a personal check will not include juvenile offenses but the camp staff check (Level 3) will. The CORI checks can also reveal offenses that are not statutory disqualifiers for having an LTC. The records checks are not limited to sex related offenses.

The Level 2 check (church staff/volunteers) will exclude civil and non-incarcerable offenses so that rap for carryon an expired LTC won't show, but you'll still have to explain that time you failed to report a hotel fire or received a deposit on behalf of an insolvent banking institution.

Last edited:
Nordic Alien states that he would be willing to piss into a cup for a drug test if the person administering this blatant act of privacy invasion would be willing to drink it. I suggested a dog turd in a second cup for the collector to enjoy as well. Don't worry, with our sore-ass loser lawmakers still fuming over the Bruen SCOTUS decision, cup-pissing will probably be a requirement to maintain an LTC.
then it will be what LTC ?????

Back
Top Bottom