Owb kydex

Still on the search. Below is what I'm basically looking for... x concealment c slide. No extra material. Tight to the body. By far the best owb concealment holster I've used.

Surprised no one has picked up the product line

nbf5us.jpg
Check out KCT Holsters, looks similar to what you’re looking for . Kydex Holsters | KCT Kydex

So the KT Mech holster arrived yesterday, just two weeks from order to mailbox, that is very good for a made to order holster.

I am quite pleased with the holster it seems well constructed and fit & finish of the hardware and edges shows care. A quick check with a caliper shows the kydex at 0.085" thickness on the ever so slightly thicker front sheet compared to 0.08" on the back.

The pattern applied to the front sheet is very well done and looks pretty durable. They do offer and additional clear coat application for $7 but I skipped that.

Fit for the pistol is very good. The retention is adjustable and it did not take much to get it to where I can turn the holster upside down and give it a shake without dropping the pistol but a manual draw is still smooth.

With the stock belt loops the holster fits tight to the body which I like. The pistol sits fairly high above the belt line which I also like for concealment.

As you can see in the accompanying photos it is a relatively compact footprint there is not a lot of excess material keeping in mind that is a 5" barreled 1911 with a rail.

The base Holster was $39.95, Kryptek Highlander front sheet $19.00, Shipping $8.55.

It is early on but at this point it seems like it is a good value and I would buy from them again.

WVsZ8qz.jpg

133x0sG.jpg

TqWgoKJ.jpg

WA9weWl.jpg

M7jJhC4.jpg

In the photo below where the focus is on the belt loops if you imagine the radius of a belt passing through them you can understand how close this holster sits to the body.
wFkFzX1.jpg

Clearly all of this is just my opinion based on a sample population of 1, so if you order from them remember "caveat emptor".

:emoji_tiger:

I have been very pleased with the Gunfighter OWB holster for my 1911 from KT Mech that I wrote about in the post above. I have been wearing it a lot, it is a comfortable and confident carry in my opinion.

I like it enough that without hesitation I just now ordered another one for an HK VP9 which I do not normally carry but wanted to have the option of doing so in a good holster without a big investment.

The KT Mech holster seemed the perfect choice it is fine quality and if you stick with their standards black or FDE the Gunfighter is a extra good value.

This time around I opted for 10 degree cant along with taking the default black kydex, but other than that it is the same holster as pictured in the post above.

$41.50 with shipping (note: Flat Dark Earth would have been the same price)

:emoji_tiger:

My go to recommendation for OWB kydex holster was always the Raven Concealment Phantom. Sadly, they have discontinued that holster and replaced it with the injection-molded Perun. IMO, the Perun looks like a complete POS.

So I don’t know what to recommend these days. Nor do I know what I would get to replace my Phantom.

I hear where your coming from since I was disappointed to see they scraped the phantom also, but I figured for $40 I'd give the perun a try for a G19.
I haven't used it extensively, or in a match yet but just wearing it around a little bit it's not too bad, it conceals well and holds tight to the body like a "pancake" should, and conceals well under a sweatshirt.
My biggest complaint is the ambi design the sweatgaurd on the outside annoys the shit out of me when reholstering. I'm thinking of trying a little home mod and cutting it off.

I had a forum discussion with the head of Raven about that ambi sweatguard. I hate it too. He defends it because it is made for “people who carry a gun everyday”. His claim is that it reduces wear on clothes. That may be true, but I still hate it.

Back
Top Bottom