• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Owb kydex

So my favorite holster company, x concealment, apparently went out or business. I loved their c series owb kydex holster . It was minimal and had no extra material.

Im looking for a new owb kydex holster that would be similar but I'm not having much luck. Most people recommend a few major name brands but in my opinion their owb concealed holsters contain way to much material. The smaller the footprint, the more concealed.

Any recommendations? Right now I like how the KT Mech holsters look but I've never handled one.

Thank you

+1 for Alpha concealment. I have 3 holsters and a mag carrier from them and fit and finish is awesome. Just got a new light for my glock so im going to be ordeeing another one soon.

Funny, I was going to post a similar thread today. I used to get holsters from Pro Tek Concealment, John made outstanding holsters unlike any others I've run across, much like OP I don't like the extra material so many guys use, especially on the bottom. He apparently doesn't do it anymore and I can't find anyone who does them like he did. Looking for an owb for a M&P 2.0c with quick on/off clips like seen here:

SnaQGs5.jpg

KeqfpUe.jpg

Any leads would be appreciated.

I have a bravo concealment owb for a G19 with tlr1. It’s hard to conceal, not sure if it’s because of the added light or the extra kydex. It’s very good quality though and I bought clips to convert it into owb. Conceals pretty well now but not as comfy as a real iwb.

I just picked up a Kydex OWB Light Bearing holster from Dara Holsters. There aren't a lot of options for light bearing holsters but I looked far and wide for a company that would offer the options I wanted.

-Double belt loop
-Not black kydex
-Straight draw
-Minimal material
-Slight flaring

These guys let you customize a lot of different things and they had great reviews. The holster is exactly what I was looking for but the double mag holders I got weren't perfect. They were made to fit new gen mags but older prebans just didn't sit right. I had to make slight modifications. It's kind of my fault for not specifying I had older mags but I assumed all Glock mags would work.

1iAbUy2.jpg

CiCOdOM.jpg

LN2dgZh.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try and see if they can do what I'm looking for. The great part about Pro Tek was the extra mile he went, when I ordered a mag holder to go along with my G19 holster he went out and found a preban Glock mag to make sure the fit was right - I hadn't even thought to point it out but he saw the MA address and did it on his own.

I just picked up a Kydex OWB Light Bearing holster from Dara Holsters. There aren't a lot of options for light bearing holsters but I looked far and wide for a company that would offer the options I wanted.

-Double belt loop
-Not black kydex
-Straight draw
-Minimal material
-Slight flaring

These guys let you customize a lot of different things and they had great reviews. The holster is exactly what I was looking for but the double mag holders I got weren't perfect. They were made to fit new gen mags but older prebans just didn't sit right. I had to make slight modifications. It's kind of my fault for not specifying I had older mags but I assumed all Glock mags would work.

1iAbUy2.jpg

CiCOdOM.jpg

LN2dgZh.jpg

I'll try and see if they can do what I'm looking for. The great part about Pro Tek was the extra mile he went, when I ordered a mag holder to go along with my G19 holster he went out and found a preban Glock mag to make sure the fit was right - I hadn't even thought to point it out but he saw the MA address and did it on his own.

That's crazy good service right there. I didn't even think about how different older gen mags are to new gen ones. Apparently it's enough to mess with kydex holders.

Still on the search. Below is what I'm basically looking for... x concealment c slide. No extra material. Tight to the body. By far the best owb concealment holster I've used.

Surprised no one has picked up the product line

nbf5us.jpg

Still on the search. Below is what I'm basically looking for... x concealment c slide. No extra material. Tight to the body. By far the best owb concealment holster I've used.

Surprised no one has picked up the product line

nbf5us.jpg
That looks slick, but I'm wondering how belt-friendly those slots are.

That looks slick, but I'm wondering how belt-friendly those slots are.

I can see what you mean. They have worked fine for me and i typically use a hanks leather belt and a wilderness 5 stitch. Maybe over time they could damage the leather. They work like pancake clips. By far my favorite OWB holster, wish i bought a few more. I typically dont carry IWB.

I can see what you mean. They have worked fine for me and i typically use a hanks leather belt and a wilderness 5 stitch. Maybe over time they could damage the leather. They work like pancake clips. By far my favorite OWB holster, wish i bought a few more. I typically dont carry IWB.

OP, seriously, check out Vedder holsters.

Any recommendations? Right now I like how the KT Mech holsters look but I've never handled one.

Earlier this evening I ordered a KT-Mech Gunfighter OWB for a Sig 1911R.

Went with Kryptek "Highlander" pattern front sheet just for the look of it, I usually stick to plain black.

It cost $58.95 (+$8.55 shipping) and seeing as I have paid a lot more for other holsters it is going to be hard to disappoint me.
But I have never dealt with them before, so I will have to see how it works out.

KT - KT Gunfighter holster

:emoji_tiger:

Let me know how ilyou like it!
Earlier this evening I ordered a KT-Mech Gunfighter OWB for a Sig 1911R.

Went with Kryptek "Highlander" pattern front sheet just for the look of it, I usually stick to plain black.

It cost $58.95 (+$8.55 shipping) and seeing as I have paid a lot more for other holsters it is going to be hard to disappoint me.
But I have never dealt with them before, so I will have to see how it works out.

KT - KT Gunfighter holster

:emoji_tiger:

My go to recommendation for OWB kydex holster was always the Raven Concealment Phantom. Sadly, they have discontinued that holster and replaced it with the injection-molded Perun. IMO, the Perun looks like a complete POS.

So I don’t know what to recommend these days. Nor do I know what I would get to replace my Phantom.

Back
Top Bottom