Overseas gun parts (furniture)

I found a stock set for a type 56 AK that I want, price is good, but they're overseas. In the checkout process, it said if your country is not listed in the drop down, contact us. So I did.

Obviously frames and such would have more scrutiny but a stock set? I've bought slings and other small parts from overseas with no issue.

Anyone have experience with this?

This was their reply.

Eta: the website looks legit, the checkout process is like any other vendor in that I can use a CC. The terminology of bank fee and wire transfer sounds off-putting though, but I think thats what he's simply calling it by paying online with a cc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220428-081618_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20220428-081618_Email.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 1
There was some new regulation that went into effect over somewhere in euroland that more tightly regulates shipping of parts. Not sure if it's country-specific but some companies have been paranoid about it, for all sorts of otherwise unregulated parts. Is the seller in Germany by any chance?

There was some new regulation that went into effect over somewhere in euroland that more tightly regulates shipping of parts. Not sure if it's country-specific but some companies have been paranoid about it, for all sorts of otherwise unregulated parts. Is the seller in Germany by any chance?
I'm not sure but I think so. I've got the phone number and country code written down at work.

comes in 2 shipments @ 50 eur postage for each parcel?...that over a $100 by my conversion. still a good deal?

Their message warns about clearing US customs so if they’re willing to ship it shouldn’t be an issue. In the past month I’ve had a stock set and muzzle brakes come through from the Czech Republic and a Perst laser/IR from Russia with no issue.

Are these parts not able to be found stateside? $50.00 + for shipping (x 2) from what he stated is nuts. It’s bad enough to pay for overseas shipping, but for them to turn it into 2 shipments tells me that customs has been returning these items when shipped together. Something to think about.

comes in 2 shipments @ 50 eur postage for each parcel?...that over a $100 by my conversion. still a good deal?
Yes. Any furniture for a Chinese AK, IF, it can be found, is sky high. I can find a grip here, lower handguard there, and so on, but this is a surplus matched set with all hardware.

Just checked, yes they're out of Munich, Germany

Just checked, yes they're out of Munich, Germany

Back
Top Bottom