• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Original Bob's Salisbury - 2 Thumbs up!

Hooper

NES Member
First time in Bob's Saturday. A fantastic experience. Really great guys behind the counter who are passionate about firearms. Amazing prices and a good attitude! All you need in a gun shop. Picked up a Sig at a price that rivals FS. I'll be back! THANKS ORIGINAL BOB'S!

I haven't been there in some time. I would emphatically agree, they are all great guys. But as far as range safety, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Yeah after getting muzzle swept by a female employee with her cocked and locked 1911 w/ laser, I try to limit how often I go there. She was showing people her new carry gun w/laser and proceeded to muzzle sweep everyone then put it back in her holster.

I haven't been there in some time. I would emphatically agree, they are all great guys. But as far as range safety, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Yeah, I looked into the range and was kind of horrified to be honest. A group of "kids" all huddled around shooting with each other as if they were playing X-Box did not inspire confidence. Seemed to be very few (re:none) safety protocols in place. Store is still great though.

I got my last gun there as the price was competitive and it is closer than other shops I had looked at which had what I wanted. They let you rent the gun you want to buy to test it out, only have to pay for the ammo if you buy right there. The ammo was a bit pricier and accessories were okay. The range isn't too bad, but I went in the middle of the work day so it was fairly quiet so less people means less muzzle sweeps. Overall I would go back and buy something else if the price was on par. Also, nice that you can try before you buy there and that they give you a break on the rental if you buy. So if you are debating between two guns and they have both at competitive rate then you are only out the cost of ammo to decide!

i'd been in there to utilize the range before I had a membership closer to me and was unimpressed to say the least. the last time i was in there they wanted $575 for a Saiga that at the time was selling for $319.99. the ironic thing was that I stopped in there to find out about transferring the rifle there if I bought it on line and when I saw that they had one in stock, I expressed interest in just buying it there and they would not come down one penny on the price. never been back.

I love the place but yeah some bullet holes in the bench wall scares me but I don't go when it's peak hours. The guys are awesome and very helpful. I feel at home and they aren't afraid to show me all the guns they have and talk me through all of them

I love the place but yeah some bullet holes in the bench wall scares me but I don't go when it's peak hours. The guys are awesome and very helpful. I feel at home and they aren't afraid to show me all the guns they have and talk me through all of them

IT'S BEEN KNOWN LOCATION TO HAVE A FEW SUICIDES FROM TIME TO TIME!!!

Great place!! Just avoid peak hours. I guess that comes with being the only public range.

Been there a few times. Shop and folks running it were cool dudes. Especially cool was the BAR hanging on the rack in back. Their range scares the shit out of me however... I've only been there twice and don't plan on shooting there ever again after having been swept so many times.

Just picked up a VP9 from them. While waiting on my LTC I visited several shops, they were the only ones that went out of their way to help me out and spend time showing/explaining things. That's the reason I drove almost 30 miles to purchase there versus local stores who had the same firearm at the same price.

As far as the range - I've shot there a few times in off hours and never had a problem.

new showroom looks great....new range on the way

Just picked up a VP9 from them. While waiting on my LTC I visited several shops, they were the only ones that went out of their way to help me out and spend time showing/explaining things. That's the reason I drove almost 30 miles to purchase there versus local stores who had the same firearm at the same price.

As far as the range - I've shot there a few times in off hours and never had a problem.

The new show room looks great. good selection of mags, guns,holsters, pelican cases etc.
not much for ammo though.... new range coming in the future.

I went there twice 3+ years ago. One time was OK but the range was dilapidated and smokey. The other time I've posted about in other threads. Basically the guns I rented were broken, it's a miracle the group blasting away next to me didn't kill anyone, and the guy working there wasn't bothered by the first two points.

Original Bob's is now under new ownership/management as of Feb 1 2016 or shortly after (I was told but can't recall at the moment but it's happened very recently). Over the last 3 years the shop has been under constant change in an effort to improve it's appearance and reputation. The most obvious change is when you walk in the door - the displays and retail areas have been completely changed along with lighting and other improvements. The website does not fully reflect the changes but I expect updates to be coming soon.

The range itself has undergone changes as well - mostly at the backstop and collection system behind it. HVAC changes are planned and will be moving forward sometime this year. New finishes and lighting along with new target stall equipment are also planned but not scheduled pending the installation of the HVAC system.

There have been changes in staff as well in the last year specifically - there are 2 people dedicated to range assignment and RSO duties on the weekends (the busiest day for range time). The shop is essentially staffed by 2 groups - one for sales, the other for range service.

The rules for range rental has also been adjusted so that each lane must have a legally licensed person in order to rent a lane. See HERE for more details.

Other changes that were discussed are specific shooting nights - For instance Wednesday nights are rifle night allowing shooters to use rifle calibers. Other nights may include a ladies night and a "league night" like bowling with pin shoots or plate shoots - the specifics are still being discussed but there is definitely something coming. Look for training opportunities to become available too - Those announcements will be made on the website when they become official. Discussions with the trainers are happening now.

One specific thing that was discussed heavily is the number of people here that have had a bad experience with safety issues, etc. on the range. Aaron, the new owner, has given me permission to offer up free range time to anyone here that have voiced their negative experience. Most of the post I've read seem to be folks that were in over 3 years ago and not returned since the changes were implemented. The goal is to let the shooting community know that the range is and will become a lot safer than in years past and hopefully improve the customer base.

Please PM me directly with Original Bobs in the title and we can discuss the details of your free range time. Aaron is dedicated to making Original Bob's Shooting Range known for professional and safe place for shooters to frequent.

Last edited:
I believe they drove a Honda there. I'll never get in one of those again. And who built that road to get there they should be thrown in jail. Somebody said they even let you pull the trigger yourself.

Back
Top Bottom