OpticsPlanet Pricing - Desktop vs Mobile

Not for nothing, but this practice is very common. I'm surprised that an enterprising developer hasn't created a free app/plugin to spoof sites about device type and location to ensure "best pricing"... or maybe it has been done and I'm just lazy with my google foo.
It's a Chrome extension called "User agent switcher". It advised if you are using something like June Fabrics to tether a PC to wireless but have not paid a surcharge for the tethering plan (rumor has it the cell companies with tethering surcharges look at the browser ID in the header of the web traffic to find freeloaders)..

Here are the options it shows on my system:
1586324413350.png

Opticsplanet is a strange company - kinda like Walmart they use their platform to sell all sorts of stuff (like sometimes searching for boat parts I get hits for them, stuff they never stock or sell rather just makes a list of parts a vendor they have an agreement with sells or something)..

Gotta be real careful placing orders if you want stuff fast (one backordered item holds up shipping on everything) but if you don't mind waiting just about everything is a square deal there all the time with free shipping. I tend to buy all my AR parts there, ie that $400 retail barrel nobody has in stock you can place an order for $320 - may take 5 weeks but it eventually shows up.

If that's the business model, does that mean they do fulfillment for third party vendors? If so, OP might want to check serial number for verification of an authentic product considering the odd glass break. Trijicon should be able to verify serial number if concerned about it.

Back
Top Bottom