• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

optic for my fal

I have a Trijicon TA33R on mine very happy with it. Reticle has a drop compensator for .308. Have only shot it out to 200yds and it works fine.

What targets are you shooting at 200 that need drop compensation?

Thats the longest range I have access to. A little hold over or the inside of the V is where the zero is for 200 with 147gr 7.62. I would like to get out and shoot longer distances but eastern MA the pickings are slim.

thinking of getting a red dot for my sa58 fal

what would you guys suggest?

the 1 x 24 rx 01-23 or the 1 x 42 rx 30-23?

Its going to depend on how far and what you are shooting. 6.5 moa is a good size dot when you get out to 100+
but its great inside 25 yards. Objective size is going to be personal preference

Timber, Sorry I misunderstood what you were asking. If I am working on a handload or a new rifle or scope I generally shoot at a multi bulleye target with a 1 inch grid superimposed on it. I like knowing exactly how far I am off from my bull. If I am hacking around I shoot at an IDPA target or a reduced silouette (B24?) which is pretty much chest width. And to note with handloads I save my targets and note on them the reload info as well as the conditions for the day. And if I bring my chrono, a new option for me, I note velocity as well. So far the only rifles I go to that extent with are my .308, my .338 Lapua and my .300 WSM mountain rifle.

M3 with a LaRue RAS 2 mount.

2010-05-09000447.jpg

NICE greg

i like that but i was trying to stay under $400...i can get the aforementioned trijicon with the arms throw lever mounts for less than $400

the larue alone will run me over $100

well the models i was referring to come with the mounts installed on them...the whole package would cost me about $380ish

i love larue and have a bunch of their stuff but unfortunately they dont offer dealer discounts

Back
Top Bottom