Opinions on the Yugo M48 98K short rifle...

What do you guys think, they can be had for pretty short money these days and I have a slot in my safe that needs filling...that and Santa wants to know what to drop off when he comes by in a couple of weeks....

Great rifles especially if you can find one of the unissued BO models. Only drawback is ammo is harder to find deals on than the guns.

Thanks, I noticed ammo is in pretty short supply still some out there for around $4 per 15 rounds though. I just fuigure at the price where else can you get a 98 mauser in that kind of condition.

The M48 and K98 Mauser are 2 different guns. The 98 is German and the M48 is Yugoslovian. The 98 is long action and the M48 is intermediate action. The bolts are not interchangable. I find the Yugo 24/47 and M48(A+B series also)to be the better buy. They are usually in better condition, some like new and better shooters. Also can be found for a lot less money. The A model has a stamped lower mag plate and the B model had a stamped stigger guard and some other parts. All are post war.

Great rifles especially if you can find one of the unissued BO models. Only drawback is ammo is harder to find deals on than the guns.

There is an unissued BO in a gunshop by me. Brand new in the box all matching with bayonet and all of the goodies.

What is one of these worth?

There is an unissued BO in a gunshop by me. Brand new in the box all matching with bayonet and all of the goodies.

What is one of these worth?

I'd say over $250, that's what I paid for one anout 5 years ago. Probably today at least $300.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

The yugos are good guns and there's something very appealing about the hard hitting .32 cal 8x57js. I regret selling my 24/47, the thing was mint.
PA260061.jpg

Back
Top Bottom