Opinions on Suomi M31

I have an extra AR-15 lower laying around that I was going to convert into a 9mm AR. That was until I ran across this little puppy.

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/guns_suomi_m31.shtml

I'm in love. [wink]

It's got a slightly longer barrel than the original SMG to make it NFA compliant. As well as a receiver with a slightly smaller ID so it won't accept full auto parts. Mags and drums are cheap from what I have seen online. I am assuming the mags and drums are all pre ban since these weapons were primarily used during the winter war from '39-'40?

Anyone have one of these, either this model or the full auto SMG version that could provide some insight.

I posted this here because technically it's not a C&R. Feel free to move the thread if it makes more sense.

Thats a new one to me. Does not show a price tag on the link you put up. If its not C&R then I am not sure if it would hit the MA market.

Thats a new one to me. Does not show a price tag on the link you put up. If its not C&R then I am not sure if it would hit the MA market.

Please elaborate. It's compensated - no flashider. There aren't any more evil features on it than what you'd find on a typical MA compliant AR.

The price is 595.00. I don't want to put up the name of the dealer who is selling it. Regardless, it's not C&R so it will have to go to an FFL.

Last edited:
I just was trying to say who actually makes it will send it to an FFL here in MA... off centerfire's website which I guess is the one who makes or imports them says:

"STATE LAW POLICY

•California - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags without a Hi-Cap Mag Permit.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No M-16 Bolts.
•Los Angeles, Sacramento, & San Francisco, CA - No Ammo without a FFL.
•Connecticut - No Semi-Auto Rifles.
•Hawaii - No Pistol Mags over 10rds.
•Illinois - No Ammo without a FFL.
•Maryland - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags over 20rds.
•Massachusetts - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags without an FFL.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No Ammo.

•New Jersey - No Hi-Cap Mags over 15rds without a FFL.
•New York State - No Handguns. No Mags over 10rds.
•New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, & Queens - No Handguns.
No Mags over 10rds. No Ammo. No NFA Restricted Items.
•Washington, D.C. - No Firearms. No Hi-Cap Mags. No Ammo.
•Washington State - No M-16 Bolts."

So if its considered a semi-auto rifle I would ask to see if they will ship to MA before you change your plans.
Just one of the reasons I think MA laws suck it makes me have to think twice all the time.

I checked one out at a dealer 2 weeks ago. It was definately a cool piece but boy was it heavy! It really must have been around 30 pounds unloaded. I believe he was asking $585 for it.

A local dealer? Care to share?

No, it was White Mountains Firearms in North Conway, NH.

Christ, that's more than a BAR!

No joke. This was converted to semi auto and a 16" barrel. It was definatly something that you would benchrest to shoot, I really had to get some momentum just to shoulder it.

Very cool piece though.

I saw them for sale through a dealer that ships them here w/out magazines and was really tempted. I still may see about getting one but I've seen some mass produced conversions of these types of guns that are prone to jamming every other round. I'll have to dig through some old copies of Shotgun News, I think there was a review done a while back on these.

Back
Top Bottom