opinions on base layers

I got some first lite merino wool base layers to try this year...I've been using those thermacare heat wraps for a couple years now...they really help cut the cold...i get them in a 6 pack at costco for like $15

Under Armour. I use level 2.0 and level 4.0. The 4.0 I use for sitting still in the cold, like out duck hunting in freezing temps.

The 4.0 is too hot to wear while doing any high ouput activity in anything above 0F.

I'm looking at the Duluth for a trial run. I've been buying a lot of their clothing over the past 2-3 years and all of it has been impressive.

Under Armour is one of the few products out there actually worth its asking price. I used nothing but Under Armour on my last camping trip to Southwest Asia, and I cant list a single fault. Good stuff

I have the UA cold gear pants and jacket. I like them. Close fit without being too tight. I also just bought a couple pair of the UA evolution (infrared) pants and shirt. But I didn't like the fit so I returned them to the bean. I'll stick to the minus33 for the thermal underwear stuff. Fit me better. I find the UA compression fit to be really tight on me making it uncomfortable. I'm going to hit up the thermacare packs though. That's solid gold right there.. You guys put them on at the stand site or before you hit the woods? If prior to hitting the woods do you find you overheat on the way to the stand?

Preban...with the wraps it depends on what stand I'm going to(one stand is 1/2 mile in so I wait) but most of the time I put them on at the truck while I'm getting dressed...one less thing to do at the stand..less of a chance of making more noise than I need to.

Back
Top Bottom