Open Day Rifle... Buck Down

74815_1580179897899_1037705589_31645086_2815900_n.jpg

8:00am the big boy on the hill came into me with some calling and luck on a windy opening day. Good Luck to everyone this year!

76901_1580628589116_1037705589_31645627_1404510_n.jpg

172 dressed
20 1/8 inside spread
10 and 9.5 G2's

Last edited:
Congrats! Where about was that?

Heard a couple of hunters having a crack at some deer this morning. That or one bad shot of a hunter...

Negative kicker... its actually a model 7 cdl which basically makes it a bush/dense cover gun with the same characteristics as the 700.. i love it, especially because it was given to me in memory of someone i was close to who passed away in order to shoot a big buck with it.

thanks guys for all the congrats... a wall hanger for sure. at first i was not sure, but this is a buck of a life time in my eyes. RB101 seems like food is everywhere and deer are not, but it will happen when you least expect it, is what i learned

Cut the tarsal glands off and freeze them so you can drag them through scrapes etc next season. What a beauty.
Did you see him with camera or binos pre-season?

Bustoff I saw a nice deer quickly saw horns opening night of bow season, but i do not know if it was the same here. Another guy guy has seen him so he says and has trail cam pics of him for the last 2 years, which he says makes the deer 3.5 4 year old. The guy swears its the deer hes been watching. I had one tree rub in the area i was at, have not been in there for 2 weeks and that morning there were 15-20 hookings right in front of me, assuming from this guy. I am just surprise he made it through bow season, 2/3 weeks of black powder and never went nocturnal.

Mikerizz- i am not sure what kindston is? is that a town or an area. the buck was shot in hinsdale nh if that helps any. thanks for the comment

I think it is the original motor but it is not mine. It is my uncle's and he is not the original owner. He can't seem to shoot the rackers, so i let him use the old rokon to drag the pissas out for me to make him feel good about his season. I'll give him credit though, as he lets me hunt with him in his neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom