• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kokanee day

I was thinking, "There can't be a Pacific outlet that gets as far as Montana." Land-lockers. Got it.

Back when I was a yowen - 1970 or so - my dad would snag saaaaammmin in the rivers of the greater Buffalo area. I once told that story to someone who had a horrified look on his face. "That's. . . . that's illegal!" "It wasn't in 1970."

I was thinking, "There can't be a Pacific outlet that gets as far as Montana." Land-lockers. Got it.

Back when I was a yowen - 1970 or so - my dad would snag saaaaammmin in the rivers of the greater Buffalo area. I once told that story to someone who had a horrified look on his face. "That's. . . . that's illegal!" "It wasn't in 1970."
Yes, landlocked. They get stocked pretty heavy in a few of the reservoirs. They will die like their spawning cousins, so the state prefers we snag them and eat them. We are happy to oblige 😁

Back
Top Bottom