Online Quiz ...interesting and as extensive as you care to make it POLITICAL OPINIONS

Hmmmm
Trump 90%
Cruz 87%
Rubio 85%

the trump /Cruz numbers are right where I expected them but Rubio coming in 3rd surprised me

Paul 90%

Cruz 83%

Rubio 82%

Fiorina 80%

Bush 78%

Carson 76%

Trump 73%

Sanders 55%

Clinton 51%

No Gary Johnson though, but since my Libertarian score was a 96% based on my answers, he may place above Rand once he's added.

Cruz 92, Rubio 89, Paul&Fiorina 86, Carson,Trump,Bush 84, Clinton(God forgive me) 54, Bernie Stalin 44

- - - Updated - - -

I may have missed it but I didn't see Christie in any of these.

I think there is one serious flaw, results are based on the stated position of the candidates and doesn't take into account if they are true or if the candidate would be effective.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think there is one serious flaw, results are based on the stated position of the candidates and doesn't take into account if they are true or if the candidate would be effective.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This. And for immigrarion say, what position are they using for trump? He has said 5 very differne things. Today he says they all need to be deported but last june he said illegals should get citizenship, his son said all illegals would get green cards, and trump has always favored a liberal illegal alien policy. So what are they using for a position? Same with guns, he claims to be pro 2a but for decades supported gun control.

Chris christie claims in the debates, his campaign and commercials he's pro 2a, my guess is the link uses christies current very pro 2a position for him and not his very very weak pro 2a history.

And besides that, these questions are yes or no type based on a very a very general question when many issues are very complex and the details matter.

I did nit go to the link this time but I've been to either this one or similar in the past. What if the question is 'do you support the current gun laws or do you want stricter gun laws?'. Well, I do not support either. How do you correctly answer that?

These get people talking which is good but the results are pretty worthless for the reasons I mentioned above and others things.

I got:

Rand Paul 90%
Ted Cruz 83%
Donald Trump 78%
Ben Carson 76%
Bernie Sanders 65%
Jeb Bush 61%
Hillary Clinton 58%

I think it's hilarious that for me Bush scored between 2 democrats.

Rand Paul 85%

Note however this website only includes R And D candidates. No third parties.

I'll be actually voting for Johnson again.
95% for Paul here.

But I'm still voting for Bernie. I don't see another candidate that can get us to reset faster.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah ...I stressed the word "stated" views of the candidates in the OP, and included a comment about a possible flaw regarding the mechanical limits of the "quiz" software in post #4.

This. And for immigrarion say, what position are they using for trump? He has said 5 very differne things. Today he says they all need to be deported but last june he said illegals should get citizenship, his son said all illegals would get green cards, and trump has always favored a liberal illegal alien policy. So what are they using for a position? Same with guns, he claims to be pro 2a but for decades supported gun control.

Chris christie claims in the debates, his campaign and commercials he's pro 2a, my guess is the link uses christies current very pro 2a position for him and not his very very weak pro 2a history.

They seem to be using the stated positions of the candidates based upon fairly recent positions judging from my own results. I simply don't trust what Trump is selling, yet his latest stances apparently align strongly with my own.

And besides that, these questions are yes or no type based on a very a very general question when many issues are very complex and the details matter.

I did nit go to the link this time but I've been to either this one or similar in the past. What if the question is 'do you support the current gun laws or do you want stricter gun laws?'. Well, I do not support either. How do you correctly answer that?

Well, if you expand the questions there are some "customized" choices and even an opportunity to really customize your response, but reference post #4 to see my opinion of that situation.

These get people talking which is good but the results are pretty worthless for the reasons I mentioned above and others things.

Yes, that's why I bothered to post the link to the website. And I think that the results have some worth, since the "quiz" is somewhat nuanced as opposed to a simple yes or no affair.

Every time I take this quiz it shows Marco, whom I dislike for his immigration stance. I'm not surprised it shows me as a Right Wing Libertarian. Personally, I like Trump and Cruz the most for the primary.

They seem to be using the stated positions of the candidates based upon fairly recent positions judging from my own results. I simply don't trust what Trump is selling, yet his latest stances apparently align strongly with my own.

But even stated recent positions, trump is all over the map on the same issue. He'll say one week we should stay out of Syria, then the next week he'll bomb them and take the oil. Claims he's pro 2a then in Jan said he's open to banning those on no fly list from buying guns. Says he'll repeal obamacare and have health savings accounts but has said over and over within the last few months that he want universal healthcare the govt will pay for. And there are a million more. So with trump specifically, which position is used?.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you expand the questions there are some "customized" choices and even an opportunity to really customize your response, but reference post #4 to see my opinion of that situation.

Yes, that's why I bothered to post the link to the website. And I think that the results have some worth, since the "quiz" is somewhat nuanced as opposed to a simple yes or no affair.

I think this quiz is the one someone posted a few months ago, I did that one. Even with the expanded question option, it still is far too limited for complex issues where there are many moving parts. But it's leads to discussion so it's good in that respect.

True. Voters are going to have to make a judgement on who is going to stick to the guns (pun intended) on the issues that they are currently spouting off at the mouth on.

But even stated recent positions, trump is all over the map on the same issue. He'll say one week we should stay out of Syria, then the next week he'll bomb them and take the oil. Claims he's pro 2a then in Jan said he's open to banning those on no fly list from buying guns. Says he'll repeal obamacare and have health savings accounts but has said over and over within the last few months that he want universal healthcare the govt will pay for. And there are a million more. So with trump specifically, which position is used?.

Well, I stated "fairly recent", meaning just that. I think that they have employed choices from the post-Thanksgiving era in the candidates personal "evolution" let's call it (if some of my quick personal testing is any indication ...I used a historical reference from NumbersUSA.com ratings/grades of the candidate's positions among other sources for other areas of concern ...i.e. economy, taxation, health care ...thus Rubio still appearing in the results of the "border security/illegal immigration" policy voters reflects his "evolution" of thought from the Gang of 8 days. So like rebooting a computer's OS ...the "last known good" option. Finger-to-the-wind choices to-be-sure. If those standards weren't employed, there would be no movement in polling basically beyond the first one taken I guess.

I think this quiz is the one someone posted a few months ago, I did that one. Even with the expanded question option, it still is far too limited for complex issues where there are many moving parts. But it's leads to discussion so it's good in that respect.

I think that this particular "quiz" is fairly new. Perhaps the same organization created a similar one previously. And yes, it is good for discussion's sake. As I mentioned, reviewing my own results lead me to some introspection. Granted after applying a minimum of effort, the truth obvious, but it did make me wonder about the true similarities of some of these candidates.

I can tell you at this point, I'm really starting to hope that Hillary is not culled, but gets the nomination. I think if anyone is ripe for an October surprise, Hillary Clinton is that apple. The devil you know. A billionaire with a bounty on server records could pull a Romanian hacker out of the weeds ...hehehe.

NumbersUSA.com worker protection immigration grades:

BTW, I am not the biggest protectionist around, because I really frown on hindering free trade. However I do have a very critical view on "bad deals" for my Country, some of which were contained in NAFTA/GATT and the recent TPPA that's been in-the-news for many months now. All that said, I am a border=related protectionist. The sovereignty of our country has been rendered non-extant, and until we treat our borders as borders we bleed ...or more accurately, become infected.

Link to graphic table:

Immigration Grade Scorecards of the Presidential Hopefuls as of January 2016 at NumbersUSA.com

Last edited:
I think that this particular "quiz" is fairly new. Perhaps the same organization created a similar one previously. And yes, it is good for discussion's sake. As I mentioned, reviewing my own results lead me to some introspection. Granted after applying a minimum of effort, the truth obvious, but it did make me wonder about the true similarities of some of these candidates.

I can tell you at this point, I'm really starting to hope that Hillary is not culled, but gets the nomination. I think if anyone is ripe for an October surprise, Hillary Clinton is that apple. The devil you know. A billionaire with a bounty on server records could pull a Romanian hacker out of the weeds ...hehehe.

The ONLY thing hillary has going for her as a candidate is the national operation she's built since '12 when she left the State department. She ran herself twice for Senate in NY a large state, was part of two POTUS runs for slick wily in the '90's and ran for POTUS in '08. Through all that she has A LOT of political contacts, supporters, money men, etc. So she has a large infrastructure to run a national campaign and she has a lot of existing politicians supporting her which helps with campaign volunteers, getting local media coverage (Boston Mayor Walsh was in NH on Saturday going door to door for Hillary. He probably went to a dozen houses but what it did was get on Boston TV for a segment with him saying she'd be a great POTUS, etc.)

The negatives against Hillary is everything else. She's a terrible, unlikable person, she lies about literally everything, she has the highest unfavorables of any candidate except Trump and jeb (Trump is the worst rated in a general election, jeb is #2 worst, Hillary is #3 worst), her ties to wall street, her ties to corruption, her terrible failures at State department, on and on.

I don't think Bernie is a very strong general election candidate either but I do think he's stronger than hillary.

It's very unlikely it's going to be Bernie though, even if Hillary is indicted (they'll drag Biden out of the closet or Kerry, etc.) Also, in the dem primaries, they have "super delegates" which are sitting dem pol's, union bosses, and other left wing nuts. They have a VERY large vote as delegates in the primaries. If Bernie and Hillary run even in all the states, she'll win easily because she has 90% of the super delegate support. Bernie needs to win these states convincingly or get super delegates to flip. Plus Bernie polls very poorly in the dem primary with minorities. IA and NH are 95% white, once it shifts to SC and states with more minorities, unless something dramatically changes, he'll lose by quite a bit in those states. He will give her fits though and he is making her go even further left.

Rand Paul 85%
Trump 81%
Cruz 79%

I'm shocked that I identify with Rand Paul the most (never even thought of voting for him). I guess that I am a gun-loving, bible-toting, small government, right-wing extremist! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom