Online Quiz ...interesting and as extensive as you care to make it POLITICAL OPINIONS

Monadnock

NES Member
The website is named isidewith.com and it's really a questionnaire of sorts meant to determine the current candidate for President of the United States whose stated platform most closely resembles your own, therefore, the most likely person that you'd probably support. Interestingly, while Ted Cruz is the individual whom I strongly lean toward at this time, it's Donald Trump's stated views that apparently align most closely to my own. Not surprising really, but I simply don't quite believe his sincerity enough to pull that lever. I have seen Trump in Keene, and will see him in Milford in a couple of days hence. Regardless the result, I feel quite certain that I will again be entertained. And perhaps I'll get another opportunity to share a bumper sticker with NPR.

BTW, I scored a 97% affiliation with Trump, and 82% affiliation with the ideas expressed by Cruz. Carson:87%, Santorum:84%, Fiorina:82% Paul:75% Bush:70% Clinton:39% (astonishing) Sanders:25%

Be thoughtful and take the time to participate in the survey before voicing your opinion of it.

They must be amassing some pretty good data in this process and may make a decent buck selling it too.

Interesting...according to this quiz, I should vote for Cruz at 86%. Paul and Trump tied at 85%.

Last edited:
I am conscious of a potentially significant flaw in their analysis. I selected "other" in more than a few questions, thereby creating my own scenario ...or answer to the question. Other than cross-referencing a DB against my response to certain "recognized" phrases or words ...terms that represent a potential leaning or opinion, I cannot see how my custom responses are evaluated and integrated into the results so quickly without simply dropping them. Considering that possibility, hopefully, there's a mildly sophisticated algorithm that analyzes the custom responses extrapolating cogent data, and calculating the result from it.

No surprise here:

95% Rand Paul
91% Ted Cruz
86% Rick Santorum (surprised me here)
84% Marco Rubio
80% Ben Carson

Rand 92%
Cruz 91%
Carson 90%
Trump 89%
Jeb 76%

Hillary 15%
Bernie 13%

Since I will be in MA for the primary, it won't matter because it will most likely be over by the MA primary. I should be in NH by the summer, and I will end up voting R in the general election.

Really no surprises... except Gary Johnson doesn't show in the results....although that's not really a surprise. The less people know about him, the less that will vote 3rd party

94%
Rand Paul
Rand Paul Republican

87%
Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz Republican

85%
Donald Trump
Donald Trump Republican

84%
Rick Santorum
Rick Santorum Republican

83%
Carly Fiorina
Carly Fiorina Republican

83%
Ben Carson
Ben Carson Republican

80%
Jeb Bush
Jeb Bush Republican

78%
Marco Rubio
Marco Rubio Republican

76%
Mike Huckabee
Mike Huckabee Republican

67%
Chris Christie
Chris Christie Republican

60%
John Kasich
John Kasich Republican

60%
Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton Democratic

58%
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders Democratic

41%
Jim Webb
Jim Webb Independent

33%
Martin O'Malley
Martin O'Malley Democratic

I am so middle of the road that no one is a good match... All are about the same percent and most are in the mid 70%. No wonder I feel like it doesn't matter at all this round.

Pretty high marks on the liberal meter, wow.

Never said I was a conservative Dude, but look where my highest marks are: Paul. Last time I checked NES was a gun forum not a political forum and I'm 2A all the way. How I might feel about other issues is really irrelevant to the main reason we are here which is guns, shooting and protecting our Second Amendment Civil Rights

There really are better venues to discuss issues like immigration, abortion, drugs, prayer in schools. The problem is with so many if one does not fall into lockstep with a certain type of group thinker, then they become "suspect". Why not become an original thinker and evaluate each issue in the context of its own merits rather than say: "if you believe in this, therefore you must believe in that."

Truth is I don't have too much use for either party, which is really two factions of the same party because it's all about the M O N E Y in the end. Democrats want what's in my wallet and Republicans want to know what goes on in my bedroom and whether I pray to God or not. Meanwhile they all sit on Capitol Hill gridlocked while the country goes to hell in a hand basket and some member of the NES Ladies Sewing and Gossip Society is all concerned because he thinks I scored pretty high marks on the liberal meter. (Subjective at best) Friendo you got a lot more to worry about or comment about than whether or not I might agree with her 63 percent of the time. I'm not going to vote for her so why the F does it matter or if it is even any of your business ?

Never said I was a conservative Dude, but look where my highest marks are: Paul. Last time I checked NES was a gun forum not a political forum and I'm 2A all the way. How I might feel about other issues is really irrelevant to the main reason we are here which is guns, shooting and protecting our Second Amendment Civil Rights

There really are better venues to discuss issues like immigration, abortion, drugs, prayer in schools. The problem is with so many if one does not fall into lockstep with a certain type of group thinker, then they become "suspect". Why not become an original thinker and evaluate each issue in the context of its own merits rather than say: "if you believe in this, therefore you must believe in that."

Truth is I don't have too much use for either party, which is really two factions of the same party because it's all about the M O N E Y in the end. Democrats want what's in my wallet and Republicans want to know what goes on in my bedroom and whether I pray to God or not. Meanwhile they all sit on Capitol Hill gridlocked while the country goes to hell in a hand basket and some member of the NES Ladies Sewing and Gossip Society is all concerned because he thinks I scored pretty high marks on the liberal meter. (Subjective at best) Friendo you got a lot more to worry about or comment about than whether or not I might agree with her 63 percent of the time. I'm not going to vote for her so why the F does it matter or if it is even any of your business ?
All true, and I now see that social issues can greatly skew this poll.

Last edited:
My numbers are in the OP. The things that really surprised me about the results were number one, that I registered a 97% with Donald Trump, two that Marco Rubio didn't even appear in the results, and three that my favorite was tied for fourth place.

After consideration, barring the non-appearance of some of the other potential candidates, it mostly makes sense. As mark056 commented, I am on this forum and have a very heavy involvement in firearms in general outside of this forum, so 2A is strong in this one. A Libertarian with an R like Rand Paul gets little love with my ranking, not because I am not a supporter of many of the political philosophies platform or beliefs, but because in this incorrectly named "quiz" ...it's really just another opinion poll, those views get chewed-up by my very strong conservative fiscal views and my very strong desire to get control of our borders. The latter having been on my personal political agenda for twenty-five years now. Heck, I attended college with a whole bunch of guys from Lebanon, Pakistan, Ghana, the Dominican Republic, and elsewhere and to a person (both men and a couple of women), they had no intention of leaving the good old USA after graduation. Some even opting to pass on the degree because of circumstances. The guys from Lebanon that I knew were sponsored and had guaranteed their sponsors to return and work for them in their home countries for a significant amount of time. Nope, in-the-wind, preferring any job (or not) in America over returning home. So, even then in the very late eighties, individuals on Student Visas didn't seem too concerned about being "rounded-up". I saw that and realized that it was likely that inexorably it would continue year after year, decade after decade unless enforcement and legislation stopped it ...obviously. So I placed my calls and even wrote my letters , sent faxes and emails to my representatives for all the good that it has done.

The other largest influence was the desire to get those who want to use my tax dollars to loaf with had better do a little work to get it if able. I am one-hundred percent in favor of helping those with chronic illnesses and disabilities. And certainly temporary situations. However, if you can do, I demand that you do in whatever productive form that you're capable of doing it in order to receive the government's (my tax dollars) largess. And if you've earned a spot in our prison system, I believe that a little hard work there would help things along. And there, for safety, security and ease of implementation, I don't care whether it's a big rock pile like the old days, and the inmate's job is to turn big rocks into little ones eight hours a day. I think there would be a strong incentive never to return to prison after release with memories of that labor haunting their dreams.

Socially, if you're two consenting adults, your life is your business as long as it does not harm anyone else. If you make the bad decision to ruin yourself with alcohol and drugs ....the rock pile is the best rehabilitation that I can imagine.

So my 2A views are the same as most on this forum and are evident (to me ) in my responses to the poll, but simply get drowned-out in the similar "weighting" of my other opinions.

Last edited:
my 13 year old daughter too it

1753585560.jpg

Back
Top Bottom