• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old fashioned .40SW Shootout

I own 3 of the 5 the beretta 96 g22 and 229 in 40 and like shooting all 3, but I like the sig, why I shoot it better but thats just me plus its a sig and I like how it fits my hand. My vote get the sig.

I have been shooting handguns since the mid '60s and am no longer easily impressed by price (high or low), pretty, or past reputation.
For durability, reliablilty, and accuracy, out of the box, it's Sig P229.
I've owned and / or shot some of the others.
I was so impressed with the accuracy and handling of the Sig the first time that I fired one that I went out and bought one.
I have not been disapointed in any way.
My P229 is now sharing my attention with a P239 and a P226, all .40S&W.

Just one??? Jeeeezz. Well...best I can do is it's a toss up between the H&K or the Sig. I've tried both and like them, but that's the best I can do.

Gunsmiths seem to be able to do better, lighter, smoother trigger jobs on Sigs than they can on HKs.

Darius- who might you reccomend to do a trigger job on a P229? I have
one that is need of enhancement, badly, in terms of its single action
pull.

-Mike

Sig P229. From what I understand this pistol was built for the .40 S&W. And it shows it in the way it handles and shoots. It even makes me look good.

Glock. Why? It's never failed me, 15 round mags, and it's got a consistent trigger pull with no extra safety to foul up when the SHTF (though I'll admit that you can train that part).

Back
Top Bottom