Old "Armed Citizen" article from Ma.

ARV

I was browsing some older posts here (as some have recently realized I’m prone to doing [laugh]) and someone mentioned that "Armed Citizen" could be found online. I looked it up and started reading. Came across this old one:

The Herald, Boston, MA, 3/12/90
State: MA
American Rifleman Issue: 10/1/1990
Raymond Ramirez of Jamaica Plain, Mass., was leaving a party at a housing project when he was surrounded by a knife-wielding gang. Ramirez identified himself as a Boston police officer, warned the youths to back away and fired two warning shots after they refused. When one gang member with a knife kept coming, Ramirez shot him in the leg. Said a Boston police deputy superintendent, "Thank God he was an officer. A civilian might be dead."

hmmm...not One but TWO warning shots...and the quote from the BPD deputy superintendent at the end...

This should get some interesting feedback, have at it.

[pot][popcorn]

I was taught to never shoot a warning shot. I could come down and hit someone and at terminal velocity it very well could kill someone. As far as the comment: many civilians train and shoot all the time at their clubs, ranges etc... They're as well equiped with a firearm as any officer. The officer would probably have less of a chance of being prosecuted than a civilian but that would be the only difference here. A none ccw civilian is a different story unless of course he is the might Chuck Norris!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom