Oklahoma City pharmacist update - charged w/ murder

Maybe the charge is correct via the law, however I wouldn't convict him if I were on the jury. You rob someone at gun point you get what's coming.

Looks like the dead guy didn't have a gun, there is no proof there was any shots fired the other direction and the guy who ran was not caught so there is no cooberation of the presence of a gun.

Looks like the dead guy didn't have a gun, there is no proof there was any shots fired the other direction and the guy who ran was not caught so there is no cooberation of the presence of a gun.

You can see the gun in perp #2's hands in the video -- he's the one who ran away.

You can see the gun in perp #2's hands in the video -- he's the one who ran away.

Really? I didn't see a video and admittedly I saw this story on gunguys.com (an anti astroturf site to turn the fudds) and when I didn't see that refuted in the original linked in the OP I assumed it was accurate. A big [slap] to me for not being more careful.

the minute you pull a gun out and point it at "what YOU think" is an unarmed citizen / tax payer / easy victim / prey...

eF you.

roll the dice... take the results tuff guy.

i wouldn't have walked by that a**h*** / accessory (sp) to murder w/o dumping some rounds im him either....

life is full of choices...

note: i wouldn't have walked bye that guy the 1st time w/o dumping a few caps in his ass either. but the guy walked by him more than once...

so, with that said: the store guy is wrong... and an idiot. IMO.

-chetD

Wow. That is damning. He walked right by without any care the kid was there. He then came back and coldly finished the job. He can't even claim he was scared of the kid on the ground because the video says otherwise.
My point exactly. The video looks really, really bad for the pharmacist.

M1911, I agree with you, but have a question.

If the pharmacist in this case had been the one on the ground, would the robber have stopped shooting and called 911 because the threat was stopped?
Hypotheticals about what the unarmed robber might have done if situation were different isn't likely to be an effective legal defense for the pharmacist.

I'm just wondering if the kid was regaining consciousness and reaching for his pistol again. I mean, you can't see him at all in the video.

Just seems odd that the guy would shoot him like that when he KNEW that there was a camera there.

I'm just wondering if the kid was regaining consciousness and reaching for his pistol again. I mean, you can't see him at all in the video.
He apparently didn't have a gun. In the video you can see two perps. The one in the dark shirt has a gun that you can see. Mr. Dark Shirt runs out of the front door when the shooting starts.

The fellow with the white shirt is the one who got shot. The video isn't particularly easy to see, but I don't see a gun in his hands and the DA said he was unarmed.

Just seems odd that the guy would shoot him like that when he KNEW that there was a camera there.
Perhaps the camera was the last thing on his mind at the time.

Hypotheticals about what the unarmed robber might have done if situation were different isn't likely to be an effective legal defense for the pharmacist.

But hypotheticals about what the pharmacist did when the robber was shot off camera are legally sound?

I haven't seen the video. But is there evidence that the criminal is still alive when he is shot 5 more times? The reason I am asking is because doesn't he still have to be alive for this to be murder?

I haven't seen the video. But is there evidence that the criminal is still alive when he is shot 5 more times? The reason I am asking is because doesn't he still have to be alive for this to be murder?
The video won't answer that question... Nor could it unless it showed him being decapitated... People live through all sorts of horrendous injuries...

There were two police beatings recently where there were dash cam and in the other case helicopter footage of the beatings. Don't you think they knew they were on camera? Adrenaline causes people to do stupid things. But maybe the kid made some move or another. It is possible.

There were two police beatings recently where there were dash cam and in the other case helicopter footage of the beatings. Don't you think they knew they were on camera? Adrenaline causes people to do stupid things. But maybe the kid made some move or another. It is possible.

t-dog... adrenaline causes us to surivie or die...

there is no rational explanation for the actons of the store owner....

fight vs. flight.

nothing new. his fate? - at the mercy of 12...

for us? we have decide what is important to us.... jury? or maybe some dead peeps...

*generally speaking.

The video won't answer that question... Nor could it unless it showed him being decapitated... People live through all sorts of horrendous injuries...

Well that gives me reasonable doubt. Hopefully other jurors will take this into consideration.

Well that gives me reasonable doubt. Hopefully other jurors will take this into consideration.
The coroner or some other expert would likely testify based upon the autopsy whether the heart was still pumping at the time the other rounds penetrated...

If he bled to death, they could show within a reasonable certainty that he would or would not have bled to death based on the initial wound...

Obviously, we have not seen the report, so who knows what it said or if the body was studied sufficiently to make such a determination - it may not have been in which case his lawyer could make those arguments...

But, my point is that information simply isn't in the videos - it would be something you'd have to get from the autopsy...

t-dog... adrenaline causes us to surivie or die...

there is no rational explanation for the actons of the store owner....

fight vs. flight.

nothing new. his fate? - at the mercy of 12...

for us? we have decide what is important to us.... jury? or maybe some dead peeps...

*generally speaking.

I agree that he did the wrong thing. I am not trying to excuse it. I was just speaking to Ross's question.

Sounds like a great case for jury nullification.

I'd give the pharmacist a medal and the key to the city if I were the mayor.

I'm sure the tax payers funding the legal structure in this area are happy to see a pharmacist being tried on their dime for stopping an armed robber.

Back
Top Bottom