• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK - Woman Shoots As Intruder Kicks In Her Door

A homeowner fended off an intruder who kicked in her front door Monday night when she shot at him with a handgun, police said.

The woman was home alone in the 1800 block of North Owasso Avenue when the man rang her doorbell several times about 11:45 p.m. The noise startled the woman and she grabbed a .357-caliber pistol, police said.

The man then broke into the house and the woman fired a single shot. She missed and the burglar fled, according to police.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100323_11_0_Ahomeo451101.

I disagree with the false sense of security that they promote with their television ads. They target females, implying that a determined home intruder (usually a psychotic white male stalker) will scurry off at the shriek of an alarm, while the monitoring staff will have the victim's phone ringing before the last splinters of wood from the door frame have hit the floor.

I disagree with the false sense of security that they promote with their television ads. They target females, implying that a determined home intruder (usually a psychotic white male stalker) will scurry off at the shriek of an alarm, while the monitoring staff will have the victim's phone ringing before the last splinters of wood from the door frame have hit the floor.

Indeed. I would *love* to see Bushmaster do a similar commercial. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom