• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, who forgot to pay his storage unit bill ?

Not true. Most say no AMMO, but not no firearms.
I rented a storage unit many years ago while my house was undergoing renovations. Having guns in a house with numerous contractors working in and out isn't my idea of good security. The contract with the storage company specifically stated no firearms AND no ammo or other flammables.

My insurance company (firearms insurance) had no problem with my storing my guns off-site. They were the only folks that I asked about it. Once all the work was completed on the house, everything was re-patrioted at the house in a new safe.

This is Tim. Tim is a Gun-Sniffing dog...

1662658035127.png

Is the dude actually too stupid to open the door all the way? I'm praying to see his bloodied forehead before the end of the video.

I cannot believe that any well stocked prepper (who was the obvious owner of that storage unit) would ever abandon so much supplies. My guess is the guy died before passing it on to someone.
Its amazing what gets left behind.
It was not long ago there was a huge collection found in storage. IIRC it was lots of garands?

The difference in how firearms in units is handled on the original Storage Wars (Cali) versus Storage Wars:Texas is telling. Find a gun in a unit on the original show and they all but called out SWAT.

No idea what state this Jebus guy lives in.
The reality shows weren't reality. They were fake as hell, with salted units and actors playing rolls.

This tuber (not Youtube... he's a literal potato) apparently lives in either VA or WV. That's where the few videos I watched were filmed.

"You won't BELIEVE what we found in this ex-cop's GUN SAFE!"

They hype it to the end, and it was a security guard with a bunch of handcuffs and two empty safes.

What is Tim trained to alert to? Hoppes? Ballistol? Froglube? lol
In the couple of articles I read on-line, Tim can smell a completely bare gun without any lube/grease/cleaner.
The author said that the dogs can be trained by smelling for a combination of scents that are common to firearms and ammunition.

Metals like steel, aluminum, brass and lead plus plastics and woods can add up to a firearm. When the start the training, the failure rate is extremely high,
but within time, they are hitting quite frequently. They are rewarded for "hits" with a special (to them) play toy that is only used when they successfully alert.

My guess is that pungent scents like coffee, used by drug smugglers in the past, may be a way of throwing off the dogs...

I believe the trainer was using a Kong toy, so that might not be good to store near your firearms... [rofl]

That's because most people are stupid.....they'll spend $3000 annually to store $800 worth of household crap.
Wife’s been doing this for three years.. Every time I bring it up it’s a disaster.

“ But it’s a brand new mattress”
She’s probably paid for all of her stuff maybe 15 times over. We’re never gonna move it out. It’s just wasted money

The reality shows weren't reality. They were fake as hell, with salted units and actors playing rolls.
My daughter is in science communication and has worked with a number of production companies on various jobs. One of them included a video crew who had worked on one of the real estate shows. When she asked them how some of the things happened, the head of the crew commented that it was important to remember that "we're making entertainment, not reality."

Similarly, I have a friend who owned a well respected garage in NH. One of the car shows flat-bedded a barn find to his shop, had him get it running again, then drove it back to the prior owner's location, where they could find it on camera and have the hosts "get it running again."

Back
Top Bottom