• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, be honest. Who had their CCW on them while out cleaning up the snow in their yard?

My street is pretty much one car width in July. You can barely get two cars by each other. The end of the street is a joke where it meet the main street. No way two cars can be there at the same time and the pile are so big you can't see on coming traffic until you are in it's path.
I might have left work a little early yesterday to clean it up because I like doing it. Dug out the fire hydrant too.

I sent a screenpic showing my wife's location shoveling the top of the snow mound at hte corner of Tremont and Worcester (which gets. . . . a few thousand cars a day) to my city councilor. It got fixed right quick. A couple of "do you realize that citizens are doing your job" makes people move a bit faster. It isn't great, but it's more workable.

I still don't get it. I can't believe the team that cleared everything so well in 2015 is just. . . retired. They're government workers. They have to get their years in. So there is SOMEONE at the DPW that knows how to do this. But doesn't feel the need to fill in the crews???? How stupid is that? I get we're talking about government, but HOW STUPID IS THAT???? Gosh. Could you imagine you don't have to work as hard to get double the job complete???? Yeah. Let's not do that. Let's grumble and do a shitty job instead.

I'm fairly well done with this town. 28 years. In 28 years, not one discussion of "gee, there is a whole section of teh town we've never run sewer to. Maybe we should." Nope. F us. It's not hard. There are about 5 ways they could run it.

In 28 years. "Hmmm. This part of town, despite being barely miles from the water tower, has unusually low water pressure. We should fix that." Nope. Despite ALL OF THE WORKS BEING WITHIN 1/2 MILE OF THE CONNECTION TO FIX IT!

And the snow. "Oh, those aren't main roads." Ummmm, given the traffic #'s, yes they are.

What irks me is our mayor lives near me. You'd think this stuff would get at least a bit higher on the priority list. NEWP! Nicest part of town. No services. Fanx!

I sent a screenpic showing my wife's location shoveling the top of the snow mound at hte corner of Tremont and Worcester (which gets. . . . a few thousand cars a day) to my city councilor. It got fixed right quick. A couple of "do you realize that citizens are doing your job" makes people move a bit faster. It isn't great, but it's more workable.

I still don't get it. I can't believe the team that cleared everything so well in 2015 is just. . . retired. They're government workers. They have to get their years in. So there is SOMEONE at the DPW that knows how to do this. But doesn't feel the need to fill in the crews???? How stupid is that? I get we're talking about government, but HOW STUPID IS THAT???? Gosh. Could you imagine you don't have to work as hard to get double the job complete???? Yeah. Let's not do that. Let's grumble and do a shitty job instead.

I'm fairly well done with this town. 28 years. In 28 years, not one discussion of "gee, there is a whole section of teh town we've never run sewer to. Maybe we should." Nope. F us. It's not hard. There are about 5 ways they could run it.

In 28 years. "Hmmm. This part of town, despite being barely miles from the water tower, has unusually low water pressure. We should fix that." Nope. Despite ALL OF THE WORKS BEING WITHIN 1/2 MILE OF THE CONNECTION TO FIX IT!

And the snow. "Oh, those aren't main roads." Ummmm, given the traffic #'s, yes they are.

What irks me is our mayor lives near me. You'd think this stuff would get at least a bit higher on the priority list. NEWP! Nicest part of town. No services. Fanx!
The one great thing about Taunton though is TMLP. They are awesome. When we were on Rte 44 we had a transformer blow 200' into our property. It almost killed my plow guy. He had just got out of his truck to open the gate, jumped back in to his truck and BOOM! Heavy winds pushed a pine tree onto the line and it arced out. It lifted his F350 with a 9' plow off the ground.

TMlP was out that day, replaced it and trimmed all of the trees, at no cost to us. National Grid would have told us to pound sand.

Seriously, for the next big storm can we just ask which NES members who normally carry everywhere didn't carry during the storm? :oops:

It would be a much more concise & interesting thread. [cheers]

I guess if I was smart enough to predict when I'd need it, I could only carry it then but if I knew I was going to need it, I'd want something bigger than a handgun. Better still, I'd be somewhere else.

O come on.... What fun would that be????
I guess if it's fun, so be it. Seems silly to me. Like asking how many members who normally wear pants wore pants during the storm cleanup?

I'm guessing close to 100%.

The interesting ones are the ones who went out and shoveled bare-ass. [laugh]

No doubt, Fencer. It's funny. THAT part of government somehow works. Government run power. Graft and corruption up the ying-yang. But the service is amazing and the price is cheap-cheap-cheap. It defies logic.

Who had their CCW on them while out cleaning up the snow in their yard?
Nah, it's not like mowing the lawn.

Or you could pull your glove off?
The thought of stopping to take my gloves off in a defensive situation honestly never crossed my mind.
How do you guys challenge each other to a duel?
duel-challenge.gif

Well, if you don't carry when wearing your bulky gloves, aren't you going to have to pull your glove off to dial 911 on your cell phone?
Assuming you have your cell phone.
Maybe he's got one of those implants and brain-dials 911.

Like asking how many members who normally wear pants wore pants during the storm cleanup?
Does long underwear + Gore-Tex ski bibs count?

I guess if it's fun, so be it. Seems silly to me. Like asking how many members who normally wear pants wore pants during the storm cleanup?

I'm guessing close to 100%.

The interesting ones are the ones who went out and shoveled bare-ass. [laugh]
Settings aside the fairer members, there are dudes here that wear kilts!

Back
Top Bottom