Officials: Boston suspect had no firearm when barrage of bullets hit hiding place

Termination as unfit for duty generally means forfeiture of your pension. Dismissal under other than honorable conditions and being unable to qualify means no carry under LEOSA.

So in other words, you decide to retire suddenly before they terminate.

They might have thought the boat shoot was an NES sponsored event?

Seriously though, bullets do funny things after hitting a target. A lousy 9mm will pass through 2 car doors and keep on going. I imagine a .223 will also.

And you have been to how many shoots?

-Trolling via S3.-

When a few K cops are going after 1 suspect "armed with assault weapon and explosives", I imagine the peer pressure on who penetrates him first feels overwhelming. It is glory vs. nameless. But then 2 hundred rounds fired? Sorry, turned out that every single round violated their own procedures. Who would have thought? I mean among the LEs.

Woulda been murder or attempted murder had a civilian done it. Feels like the green members are more responsible gun owners. Knock on the wood.

I don't care that they shot the sob but 200 rounds!! Fact is I know a few cops who truly can't shoot for crap and the only time they even dust off their service weapon is to qualify or replace their bullet.

I don't care that they shot the sob but 200 rounds!! Fact is I know a few cops who truly can't shoot for crap and the only time they even dust off their service weapon is to qualify or replace their bullet.

I'll do you one better. How about doing a high risk/high threat transport for the US Marshalls, only to find out afterwards that your partner's gun was not only unloaded, he had no ammo to load it! True story.

I'll do you one better. How about doing a high risk/high threat transport for the US Marshalls, only to find out afterwards that your partner's gun was not only unloaded, he had no ammo to load it! True story.

That's just not cool!
I witnessed a female cop who couldn't rack the slide on a Beretta 92. The range officer had to do it for her. Somehow, she still managed to qualify...

I've seen several cops drop their loaded weapons on the firing line while holstering/unholstering.

How the f is the guy still alive? Was it a bulletproof boat? Something doesn't add up...

From IR pics he looks to be laying next to the engine box on the far side of the boat. I would have to say without seeing the boat that the cast iron engine block saved him.

I think it's important to note that all the problems have been created by media. Now the news turns a corner and suddenly we're on the media bandwagon?

They're going to look for anything that makes us say, "what!" Then they're going to post it to boost ratings and then print a small recant on page 7 two days later because it wasn't accurate (unless of course it's on the cover of the NY times).

I don't think the guy in the boat was armed. I think if the guy who checked his boat was armed he would have 200 less holes in his boat. Just sayin'.

The part that I find amusing is they used a robot but they couldn't figure out with the robot that the guy didn't have a gun. What kind of a camera did it have on it, something from 1965? [laugh]

-Mike

I can actually answer those questions. I was a software engineer at iRobot for about 4 years, and worked specifically on that product AND tested cameras at one point. I will answer it simply - cool technology, but incredibly poorly used in this case.

The camera happens to be an off the shelf Sony with near IR. In a situation like what they used it, low light cramped quarters with ZERO time on their hands, it was a very poor choice.

No, I retired at the age and years that got me, my 80% So, What are you tring to make of this? My pension is no secret, unlike the welfare bastards, Just check the Boston Herald, they have section dedicated to this.
You read it wrong, or I was unclear. I was suggesting that if not being able to qualify could lead to retirement, there might be a strong incentive to miss the target.

Not you personally. Chill.

Sounds to me like the residents of Watertown were in far more danger from the police than from the suspects.

of course they were, even if the police intelligence was correct and the suspect was walking around watertown with explosives, what good does having you wait like a sitting duck target in your house do?

of course they were, even if the police intelligence was correct and the suspect was walking around watertown with explosives, what good does having you wait like a sitting duck target in your house do?

It makes it easier on the cops.

It's all about making their job easier to do instead of respecting the public's rights.

Same thing as the unnecessary statewide driving ban during that snowstorm.

That's how cheap our rights are to them.

I was at Woodcock the other day and NBPD were there shooting..... As I was leaving I was tempted to ask if they got the guy..... Heard about 500 shots..... Something must have gotten hit at least twice.....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I was at Woodcock the other day and NBPD were there shooting..... As I was leaving I was tempted to ask if they got the guy..... Heard about 500 shots..... Something must have gotten hit at least twice.....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

not the guy but the dog target next to him was obliterated I bet

I thought while listening to the scanner that night they were saying "use dummy rounds only,use live ammo only if fired upon" anyone else hear this?

Yea, at one point they said they were going to fire some dummy rounds and for no one else to fire unless fire upon. That was when they knew he was in the boat

I thought while listening to the scanner that night they were saying "use dummy rounds only,use live ammo only if fired upon" anyone else hear this?

Judging by all the bullet holes in the hull, I would guess that some of them missed the memo.

I heard there was a boat owner in Watertown who desperately wanted to buy a new boat but his wife was the nay vote. So now he HAS to get a new boat by the "laws" regarding such things.

And exactly WHERE do you think those missing rounds from all the gun shops across came from? It's pretty apparent they needed them for target practice! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom