Obama to Announce New Executive Action concerning guns:

the executive action bs needs to be removed. this is a dictator and not a president with a congress. executive orders and actions should only be allowed for foreign policy. Nothing about oppressing law abiding citizens.

A slightly different perspective from CNN's by the Washington Times:

“The complaints from the gun-control groups [in the 1990s] were that there were way, way too many FFLs, and the government needed to crack down on and reduce the number of licensees,” said Lawrence Keane, general counsel of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the firearms industry’s trade association. “Now all of a sudden, we’re hearing the gun control groups say there aren’t enough licenses, and everybody needs to have a license.”

Obama to reverse Bill Clinton strategy, increase number of licensed gun dealers

Serious question...why is it bad to require background checks for personal sales?

Because it subjects even more people to garbage that should be considered unconstitutional. There's another thread here where one of our own is getting ****ed by a false NICS denial. I'd love it if any gun owner who supports BG checks to face that themselves, then they probably won't be so hot on the idea. We're not talking about a minor delay here, but probably months of bullshit for a guy to buy a gun who probably didn't do anything to get flagged....

You only have to look at Kali, registration leads to confiscation

Nevermind Kali just talk to any gun owner who gets delayed constantly or gets a false denial. That's all the evidence anyone should need against expanded BG checks.

So... Is this for real? Can the 0 really ban all private sales without an FFL? Or is this just fear mongering. We all know he would love to do this, but can he really? I thought laws had to be passed and such. I don't see this executive order thing in the constitution as a way for the pres to do whatever he wants with no law being passed.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Not really. It's just more grandstanding and bullshit that will result in nothing... well, nothing except a lot of gun and ammo sales. [laugh]

Not really. It's just more grandstanding and bullshit that will result in nothing... well, nothing except a lot of gun and ammo sales. [laugh]
I was afraid of that.... I can't afford to buy any more guns for a while. Well, I got some 0% interest for a year cash advance checks in the mail..
I guess I can use these as a last resort to buy more guns. Hey 0bama... Please STFU for a while this is getting expensive!

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

I was afraid of that.... I can't afford to buy any more guns for a while. Well, I got some 0% interest for a year cash advance checks in the mail..
I guess I can use these as a last resort to buy more guns. Hey 0bama... Please STFU for a while this is getting expensive!

I'm collecting parts for an M4gery...I should have them all in about 2 months. After that, I'm going on a spending spree on bullet components...mostly .223 projectiles. small rifle primers, large pistol primers and 45acp projectiles.

Having a background check is not an infringement - in it's purest form. A background check should be are you a criminal threat - if you are not in jail the answer is no.

However, this is the US Govt we are talking about and nothing is pure. They will register every firearm via the system, they will cause all transfers to go through NICS, No-Fly, Terror Watch List, and a medical/psych screening of records. There will be no 3-day and proceed, it will be when it's done it's done.

Then there will be the expansions of what makes a prohibited person. Taxes, Financial Issues and Hate Speech will be added to the list.

As said previously, EVERY TIME guns are registered - they are confiscated shortly after.

I could go on, but when you need to ask permission for a right; is it a right anymore?

Last edited:
This should be grounds for impeachment. It would be yet another clear violation of his oath of office. Republicans need to grow a set and go on the offensive. Enough is enough. What did they go after Clinton for... sticking his wee willy in a pig's pie hole? This repeated and blatant abuse of office is simply beyond comprehension.

Hopefully Hillary jumps on the band wagon and screws up her shot with the bluedogs.

Sadly the blue dogs only seem to get uppity in congressional elections and not so much presidential ones...

-Mike

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

This should be grounds for impeachment. It would be yet another clear violation of his oath of office. Republicans need to grow a set and go on the offensive. Enough is enough. What did they go after Clinton for... sticking his wee willy in a pig's pie hole? This repeated and blatant abuse of office is simply beyond comprehension.

Actually they impeached him for obstruction of justice and perjury.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. I've had to have this discussion with people who were otherwise very pro-freedom.

I agree. When the whole unconstitutional watch list (no gun) idea came out last month my wife said "what's the big deal I don't want terrorists to have guns" I had to do some explaining for her to understand. It's very easy to hear or read a quick snip it from the news but you need to disect it a little to really understand how bad it is

Within a few years, even democrats will view him very unfavorably.

If the R's win POTUS and repeal obamacare and reverse these illegal executive actions on climate, iran, EPA, IRS, etc. There will be little existing from 2009-2017 other than the misery people felt and the mess the foreign policy was.

And the Dem's would have gone from a majority of governors, huge majorities in congress and the senate to huge minorities in all levels including massive loses in state legislatures and not even being able to win governor races in very liberal states like Ma, IL and MD. And the dems will blame obama for those loses.

If the R's win POTUS and repeal obamacare and reverse these illegal executive actions on climate, iran, EPA, IRS, etc. There will be little existing from 2009-2017 other than the misery people felt and the mess the foreign policy was.

You have more faith than I.

And the Dem's would have gone from a majority of governors, huge majorities in congress and the senate to huge minorities in all levels including massive loses in state legislatures and not even being able to win governor races in very liberal states like Ma, IL and MD. And the dems will blame obama for those loses.

OBlundercare is here to stay whether we like it or not. Anyone who views the GOP as being any different to the Democrats is blind as a bat and just as dumb. The GOP is the right wing arm of the Democratic party....they will do nothing to stop the tailspin the country is in. Hang on, it's going to be a pretty bumpy ride folks

received_1118397614837556_resized.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom