• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Oath Keepers Rally-Lexington Green

How did the question of open carry come up?

We are going there to make a statement with our Oaths, not by intimidating the sheep with our guns.

Do you really want to detract from the ceremony by having the news sheep reporting "armed rebels" in Lexington disrupting the ceremony?
I want the media to focus on what WE are SAYING, not by one or more of us carrying our guns openly.

As much as I am for open carry, it would only hurt us in this instance.

I understand your point, however, we all know this will be a perfectly peaceful assembly. I'd be perfectly content with the news reporting "a bunch of crazy gun owners blah blah blah..." and not being able to report any violence in conjunction with that.

Any news coverage would likely include pictures of uniformed servicemen and LEO's, which may provide positive publicity to our cause.

This is Sickening , Even with the light of Heller V DC we as a people still have to ask permission to exercise our 2nd A rights.

Take a walk around LA, San Diego, Scramento, or SF with a handgun on your hip and a rifle on your shoulder.

Let us know how that turns out for you, mmkay?

I am sorry to say I will not be able to attend this fine event. Here's hoping it goes well for all involved.

My email to the Oathkeepers general email:

Hi There,

I am local to the Lexington area, and was wondering if whether or not open-carry is either encouraged or discouraged?

I am in possession of a Massachusetts LTC-B, which is legal for open-carry but not concealed. Therefore I do not carry regularly, but would like to, to show my support at this event. I believe I and others would be well within our lawful rights to open carry at the event, but I wanted to check and see if it was encouraged or discouraged at this event.

I would understand if it is discouraged if the organizers felt it would attract negative attention. I would also like to carry if it was encouraged to show support.

I plan on attending either way. I would just like to know what the opinion is in regards to helping our cause.

Thanks in advance!

I will be sure to post any response.

Having never served in the military, I have never taken that oath. Given what I see as the systematic dismantling/destruction of our Constitution by enemies both foreign and domestic, I have lately been entertaining the thought of taking that oath in private.

This is something I would like to do.

I will be there.

does anyone know if open-carry is encouraged/discouraged?

I would think it is discouraged.

from the website: Dress code for Sunday; No cammo, dress your best, preferably suits or dress uniform. At least business casual, if you can. If you live in jeans and won't wear anything else that's fine we won't turn anyone away but please no cammo.
(There may be two or three other "special" guests who I am not at liberty to disclose at this time, but they are most assuredly interesting fellows)

If they don't want cammo, I'm pretty sure they don't want guns openly displayed.

Going, along with a couple of friends.

I will have on a black ball cap with an "Under Armour" logo and a navy blue collar sweatshirt with a black windbreaker, jeans, and hiking boots if anybody wants to introduce themselves or join up with me. I believe this rally is for all patriotic Americans and is not limited to police/military but is police/military centered. Anybody can take this oath.

We have a chance to make an impression on the ultra liberal media and the corporations and the entitlement slugs who have a stranglehold on our freedoms. More importantly, it's a chance to participate in the American process, like patriots before us did 230 some years ago.

I was there and all I can say is... I was damn proud to have been in the company I was in. Damn proud. When I took the oath, it felt like the most important words I have ever spoken in my life.

What a day! Inspirational would be an understatement.

Hundreds of people from far and wide, gathered together and united. Not a single frown nor scorn amongst us. Nothing but smiles, handshakes and sincere greetings of friendship and camaraderie. The speakers were excellent and their subject matter spot on.

At the after gathering, intelligent conversation and the confirmation that we are not alone in our cause.

Thanks to all who attended. For those who couldn't make it, try to next time.
You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I could not make it but i tried to follow on the news. Have not seen one mention of this rally. Seems we need to be reminded of columbine , [frown]after all guns are bad.

Man I had a great time. Very inspiring. I enjoyed getting in the faces of the liberal propaganda machine. Notice that none of the lame stream media covered the event. Their silence speaks volumes.

I rallied. I cheered. I protested. Out in the sunlight. It felt good to be an American.

Last edited:
Is anyone offering an AAR of this event. And, did any media cover it.....Fox maybe?

I did not see any main stream media there. I think Dave Ridley was there. There were a lot of vid cams, so keep looking on You Tube, reports will get up there soon I bet.

I got a sunburn too. [frown]

Back
Top Bottom