• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYT-The next front for gun control is smaller bullets

I thought the problem with extra-killy assault weapon bullets was that they're so small and fast they turn everything they touch to gelatinous goo.

Which is it?

Here's your replacement headline: "Purely statistical study without context conducted by doctors with agendas finds that more powerful weapons do more damage, tries to make some kind of social health comment out of this obvious conclusion in order to further gun control objectives."

Doctors telling me what I can do with my guns to prevent shootings is about as intellectually honest as the Catholic Church telling me what I can do with my penis to prevent sexual abuse

To be fair, in either case, "don't use it, except in self-defense" probably remains at least intellectually honest.

Any revolvers out there in 5.56x45?
Taurus tested a variant of the Raging Bull in .223 Remington. I don't think they ever put it into commercial production. Rifle calibers in handguns don't work with the relatively short barrels not allowing for sufficient powder combustion to make the bullets viable vs. traditional pistol calibers & loads.

Looking at the chart that Kevin NH posted I can see where they were inspired. I only read the article and some of the statements contained were stupid.

I like big boolits and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with a big bore piece
And a shoulder thing in your face
You get sprung, want to pull up tough
'Cause you notice that mag was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I want to get wit'cha
And take your picture...

:)

Back