NYPD GLocks for rookies

Those numbers are usually an "all in" price. Not just the firearm, but extra mags for the officers, more extra mags for the armorers, armorer's class, spare parts, and sometimes even new holsters.

NYPD Officers pay for their equipment- to the extent now when recruits are required to pay for night sights (mandatory) on their provided pistol. NYPD Officers are required to purchase most of their equipment....That recruits are provided with a their first duty pistol is a sort of break from tradition that originated following enactment of the crime bill.

So honestly, what's to stop them from just going out, buying standard capacity G17 mags, dumping the idiotic issued mags in a drawer, and calling it a day?

Probably a nonsense policy, likely the same thing that prevents them from getting a better trigger installed/getting a trigger job to fix the BS trigger they get.

So honestly, what's to stop them from just going out, buying standard capacity G17 mags, dumping the idiotic issued mags in a drawer, and calling it a day?

My guess is that there are serious, career-threatening repercussions if they are caught carrying non-approved equipment. I don't know if carrying standard capacity mags would qualify for this, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom