NYC using X-Ray vans

For the record, these are not X-ray trucks, but gamma ray trucks. I worked on a similar truck scanning deliveries to a military base. This was over ten years ago and they cost over a mil back then. Very little concern as to health issues as there is little leakage of radiation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this technology penetrates the host vehicle, the target vehicle, any containers within target vehicle, etc...

How is it considered 'backscatter' technology? Concealed no longer means concealed.

Edit- answered by In God We Trust.

Anyone who thinks Backscatter X-Ray technology is dangerous.....needs a serious education in Physics![rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Are you saying that x-ray exposure is not dangerous?

While there is some discussion about millimeter wave technology, there is no doubt that x-rays can be dangerous.

For the record, these are not X-ray trucks, but gamma ray trucks. I worked on a similar truck scanning deliveries to a military base. This was over ten years ago and they cost over a mil back then. Very little concern as to health issues as there is little leakage of radiation.

The danger from these trucks is likely very minimal, but as far from a tin foil hat conspiracy type as I am, the "I'm with the government, you can trust me" thing does not fly either. Q's refused so far are seemingly straight forward and could be answered without OPSEC issues:

The NYPD will not reveal when, where, or how often they are used.

Here are some specific questions that New York City refuses to answer:

*How is the NYPD ensuring that innocent New Yorkers are not subject to harmful X-ray radiation?
*How long is the NYPD keeping the images that it takes and who can look at them?
*Is the NYPD obtaining judicial authorization prior to taking images, and if so, what type of authorization?
*Is the technology funded by taxpayer money, and has the use of the vans justified the price tag?

Do those seem unreasonable?

OMG...Gamma Rays!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought to you by American Science & Engineering from Billerica, Massachusetts (every time I see a white van drive by...):

http://as-e.com/products-solutions/cargo-vehicle-inspection/mobile/product/zbv
The company that I work for used to do contract work for them about 12-15 years ago, some of their scanning equipment was used at our borders and at airports. The year leading up to the Summer Olympics in Greece we were working overtime making stuff for security for that event....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes - American Science & Engineering is in Billerica as I mentioned above.
Middlesex Turnpike

Back
Top Bottom