NYC Man arrested for having ammunition and guns? With a license?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...nition/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

I don't get this at all. Neither do the commentators on the site.

From the article:

Shou’s apartment is located “less than two blocks away from an elementary school.”
Queens District Attorney Richard Brown commented:
The defendant is accused of turning his apartment into an arsenal by stockpiling deadly weapons and ammunition – all laying in plain sight and unsecured. It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community – especially one less than two blocks from an elementary school.
Shou’s first court date is scheduled for February 24. He faces “up to seven years” if convicted.

I may speak for all of us when I say WTF?

That guy's first mistake was living in NYC. In most other parts of the country, that would be considered a small collection. I believe NYC does not allow possession of more than a certain amount (300?) of ammunition at a given time, and requires purchase authorizations for each firearm. [rolleyes]

What do a cache of weapons and proximity to a school have anything to do with one another? Oh, that's right. I failed to remember the magical thinking of progressives. The mere presence of guns this close to a school could lead to the guns animating, letting themselves out of the house, walking down the steps, and, in a single file orderly line, murder children. The horror...the horror.

What the heck is this about?

"While doing the review for pistol license holders, police found........."

From the NYPost link in the article.

No bias or prejudice here... no sirree...

Gun nut charged after cops find ‘distrubing’ arsenal near school

“The defendant is accused of turning his apartment into an arsenal by stockpiling deadly weapons and ammunition – all laying in plain sight and unsecured,” Brown said in a statement. “It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community – especially one less than two blocks from an elementary school.”

Shou was arraigned Tuesday night and his bail was set at $250,000. He is due back in court on Feb. 24.

Sounds like he's going to be a guest at Rikers island for quite awhile

The court system should have told the DA to get bent, but they are all equally worthless.
What the **** is so hard about following that old paper down in DC.
NYC is truly a ****ing shit hole.

What the heck is this about?

"While doing the review for pistol license holders, police found........."

There are a few anecdotes floating around of NYPD conducting random home inspections on gun owners in the city to make sure their permits are still valid, that they only own the guns associated with said permit, ammo, safe storage reqs, etc. Clear violation of 4A but they clearly don't give a crap:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-york-city/1381299-getting-nyc-handgun-permit-12.html

A quick name search. Shows gou shou to be a USPSA limited and open shooter since atleast 2008 as well as being involved with f class rifle.... just saying

What do a cache of weapons and proximity to a school have anything to do with one another? Oh, that's right. I failed to remember the magical thinking of progressives. The mere presence of guns this close to a school could lead to the guns animating, letting themselves out of the house, walking down the steps, and, in a single file orderly line, murder children. The horror...the horror.
The new norm now...Mainstream Media does literally anything and everything they can to tie literally every "gun incident" to a school somehow. Just look at every news report about possible active shooters (even unconfirmed, sketchy reports) and no matter what, no matter where, no matter how close in proximity, a school somewhere MUST be locked down. Makes it all tie in and fit with the Obama/Clinton/Moms (etc) narrative. ("Gun Control - It's for the children!..blah puke blah").
Pretty soon we'll be at a point where whenever someone cuts a loud fart in Brighton, every school in Newton, Watertown, Brookline and Cambridge will go into Defcon One...Cue the WCVB NewsTeam 5 and the WBZ copters, put 7News Jadiann Thompson in a tight TIGHT fitting top on a freezing cold day and watch your Arbitron ratings go into orbit (as Rosenthal gets fully erect over the possibility of another entry on the billboards).

Just sayin'...

I'll laugh in a decade if: he lawyers up well, gets off for having committed no crime, counter sues, doesn't settle, wins, wins the appeals by the city, and forces NYC by a supreme court ruling to go full on constitutional carry.

I'll laugh in a decade if: he lawyers up well, gets off for having committed no crime, counter sues, doesn't settle, wins, wins the appeals by the city, and forces NYC by a supreme court ruling to go full on constitutional carry.

that would be a dream come true. I would open carry in my tighty whities

Last edited:
Wow, 45,000 rounds, I wish I had 45,000 rounds, i would fill the bath and roll around in them [rofl]
that's a potential minimum of 45000 children he could have killed, more if some through shots killed more than one. We could be talking up to 90000 dead.

Dupe

That guy's first mistake was living in NYC. In most other parts of the country, that would be considered a small collection. I believe NYC does not allow possession of more than a certain amount (300?) of ammunition at a given time, and requires purchase authorizations for each firearm. [rolleyes]

Only if your housing is zoned R-3.

Crap, I live directly across the street from an elementary school. Guess I should turn in all my guns before they go on a rampage while I am at work

I like the bit that he had enough to take on an army. Do they even think before they say something that stupid?

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Back
Top Bottom