• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSSF Files Lawsuit

This is a nice try but will fall way short. While the basis of the suit is correct, the district courts will say that they have no right to overturn the laws passed by the representatives and signed by the governor, e-cert challenge notwithstanding. It should have been challenged when it was going on but never was by any representative of either party. This very subject was brought up about a week after the legislation was enacted and it does present an interesting argument but it won't make any difference right now.

Rome

This is a nice try but will fall way short. While the basis of the suit is correct, the district courts will say that they have no right to overturn the laws passed by the representatives and signed by the governor, e-cert challenge notwithstanding. It should have been challenged when it was going on but never was by any representative of either party. This very subject was brought up about a week after the legislation was enacted and it does present an interesting argument but it won't make any difference right now.

Rome

So if the lawmakers break the law, there's no recourse for The People?

District courts are most certainly in Danl's front pocket to be sure. District courts have never found in favor of our petitions. Remember the AK47 "interpretation" issue? That interpretation was challenged in district court and the judge just threw it out as frivolous.

R

So if the lawmakers break the law, there's no recourse for The People?

The last time the government provided no redress of grievances (or gave the middle finger as an answer), a lot of Red Coats lay dead on the ground.

I guess CT and the courts would like history to rhyme. I don't recall any battles being fought in CT.

Maybe that should change.

I had to look this up, too, but there was the "Battle of Ridgefield" which was actually a battle and also a series of skirmishes between American and British forces during the American Revolutionary War. The main battle was fought in the village of Ridgefield, Connecticut on April 27, 1777 and more skirmishing occurred the next day between Ridgefield and the coastline near modern Westport, Connecticut. Of course none of this is ever taught in schools here.

Rome

I had to look this up, too, but there was the "Battle of Ridgefield" which was actually a battle and also a series of skirmishes between American and British forces during the American Revolutionary War. The main battle was fought in the village of Ridgefield, Connecticut on April 27, 1777 and more skirmishing occurred the next day between Ridgefield and the coastline near modern Westport, Connecticut. Of course none of this is ever taught in schools here.

Rome

Growing up in Danbury I knew about the battle of Ridgefield. I did a report on it in elementary school. There's a building which still has a cannon ball stuck in the wall from that battle.

There's a ton of history down there. My friend's family has lived in the Stonington, CT area since the late 1600s. I've shot duck from a blind that was once the anchorage for a British war ship during the "war of 1812". Cannon ball damage in the stone buildings there as well. I find it fascinating.

rome

Oh, I'm sure the official line will be the recourse is to vote the bastids out.

My mistake. That's a very efficient, expedient and effective way to fix bad laws.

I guess the NSSF should have known to call on the politicians it has in its pocket and asked them to complain about the secret, shady process. But, if these things were so shady and secretive, how would they have known about... Nevermind. We'll get 'em at the voting booth.

Back
Top Bottom