• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another Sig Sauer P320 Lawsuit

didnt see it here. dont know how to post a link. read it in wcvb boston this morning, now it's gone. 20 federal agencies, local police, private individuals.

confusing, saying it should, then shouldnt have the manual external safety. but it can be had either way. says some cops dont like having it for the way they will be using it. said some users might press the trigger by accident when they didnt mean to (?) so they should all have it.
must just be about going off "by itself" like previous lawsuits.

Last edited:
Maybe people should keep their booger hook off the bang switch while waving their piece all over the place. Like Baldwin claimed "it just went off!". Sure, just like you "accidentally" fell into that stripper's gash over and over and caught the herpaghonnasyphacrabaids. Now, if the gun was a Lorcin or a Jennings, ok, you may have a point.

Maybe people should keep their booger hook off the bang switch while waving their piece all over the place. Like Baldwin claimed "it just went off!". Sure, just like you "accidentally" fell into that stripper's gash over and over and caught the herpaghonnasyphacrabaids. Now, if the gun was a Lorcin or a Jennings, ok, you may have a point.

Problem is with the P320 at this point I'm not entirely convinced that all these people are retards. There are some obvious ones I'm skeptical of, like dog walker NH guy who shot himself in the leg and claims the gun just went off, but showed a factory holster that had been blown apart. Well, a P320 holster is open ended. If the gun fired while it was in the holster, it wouldnt blow up the holster like it did in the picture I saw. That lends me to believe he wsa f***ing around with the gun when it went off even if he wont admit it.

One of the other lawsuits involved a gun in a duty holster that literally just fired while a guy was just sitting in a police truck. Supposedly this event was filmed from a dashcam, or at least audio existed etc. and there was a witness, too, sitting next to the guy with the gun that fired.

ETA: I do agree with you in the respect that I think a lot of "typical morons having NDs" are effectively generating most of the traffic on this though, even if I also simultaneously believe there are obvious internal design flaws with these guns. I honestly think at this point the main reason most of these havent become a huge deal for Sig is thier attorneys are able to pick out the ones run by idiots and basically destroy them in court.

That gun certainly does seem to be developing a reputation. Sig should just discontinue it, make some minor redesign changes and reintroduce it as a new model number and rid themselves of that reputation.

They can't now, its a military duty weapon at this point. With a massive contract behind it. I'm sure theyre working on another fix... of course they cant admit that they never fully
fixed the problem the first time around because that would create more liability. [rofl]

I’m not up on the mechanics of the 320 but it’s a striker system no? doesn’t it need to be actuated rearward before release to strike the primer? Do the sigs pre-stage the striker rearward and just single action release with the trigger movement. I’m trying to understand mechanically how this could be possible.

Problem is with the P320 at this point I'm not entirely convinced that all these people are retards. There are some obvious ones I'm skeptical of, like dog walker NH guy who shot himself in the leg and claims the gun just went off, but showed a factory holster that had been blown apart. Well, a P320 holster is open ended. If the gun fired while it was in the holster, it wouldnt blow up the holster like it did in the picture I saw. That lends me to believe he wsa f***ing around with the gun when it went off even if he wont admit it.

One of the other lawsuits involved a gun in a duty holster that literally just fired while a guy was just sitting in a police truck. Supposedly this event was filmed from a dashcam, or at least audio existed etc. and there was a witness, too, sitting next to the guy with the gun that fired.

ETA: I do agree with you in the respect that I think a lot of "typical morons having NDs" are effectively generating most of the traffic on this though, even if I also simultaneously believe there are obvious internal design flaws with these guns. I honestly think at this point the main reason most of these havent become a huge deal for Sig is thier attorneys are able to pick out the ones run by idiots and basically destroy them in court.

Interesting points. I still have an original one that has not been sent in for the "fix", which I carry, and it still hasn't prematurely ejaculated!

It would be interesting to see if the guns that are having issues are from before their recall or not.

Also, I just think that most people are Serpa-ing themselves. But I'm a cynical bastard.

It would be interesting to see if the guns that are having issues are from before their recall or not.

Also, I just think that most people are Serpa-ing themselves. But I'm a cynical bastard.
I asked this very same question and I discovered that a lot of these lawsuits are also based on post-recall guns...

Back
Top Bottom