NRA Reelects Charles Cotton as President, Wayne LaPierre as CEO/EVP at Houston Board of Directors Meeting

I sent SAF a nice donation on 20 Jan 2021 and figured that was a convenient date., Since they they blow up my PO box with over the top dramatic mailings and refuse to remove me. Tell me why I should support an organization that wastes my time and my money on mailings.

I personally appreciate your donation. But to answer your question - because that is how fundraising works. You want 100% of your donation to go to the cause, have a bake sale. If you want scale to take on antigunners, you need structure & organization. Fro example think about the PMC - how much money is spent to make that happen, compared to how much is raised? Orgs need to spend money to raise money.

What one should focus on is results, not the skinflinty-approach with how many pennies did I save. And I reiterate what is your national strategy, if not these orgs? You going to Wash DC and lobby yourself?

That's the game and those are the rules. Get onboard or watch everything disappear. Everybody.

Them electing Wayne again just goes to show you how tone deaf they are to actual gun owners. There are way better places to spend your hard earned money.
Tone deaf is an understatement......if Wayne cared about 2A he would step down and go away.......

Its almost if he's a gun hating shill that's being installed again to destroy the NRA for good.

Really tough to support these douchebags in the NRA. SAF/GOAL/GOA.........seems like the NRA will never get their house in order.

Gun owners won't join the NRA because they're not completely happy with how it's run but they'll join Facebook.
We live in weird times.
I'll join neither and try to find an outfit that uses my dollars more wisely.

That said....just about all these things have some level of corruption at the top. The NRA is just bloated and obvious with it. Others aren't as stupid.

I personally appreciate your donation. But to answer your question - because that is how fundraising works. You want 100% of your donation to go to the cause, have a bake sale. If you want scale to take on antigunners, you need structure & organization. Fro example think about the PMC - how much money is spent to make that happen, compared to how much is raised? Orgs need to spend money to raise money.

What one should focus on is results, not the skinflinty-approach with how many pennies did I save. And I reiterate what is your national strategy, if not these orgs? You going to Wash DC and lobby yourself?

That's the game and those are the rules. Get onboard or watch everything disappear. Everybody.

You make a shitton of assumptions about skinflinting.

If SAF would simply take me off their mailing list like NRA did, I would be just fine with the organization. Their failure to do this shows what a shitshow that organization is.

If GOA hadn't gotten a hard on for restricting the use of firearms, I wouldn't mind shooting them some cash. Until that organization changes, they're off my list.

I'm happy to donate to any organization that is effective, aligns with my goals, and generally does it in a way I want. Until then, I'll keep my cash to myself.

I'm happy to donate to any organization that is effective, aligns with my goals, and generally does it in a way I want. Until then, I'll keep my cash to myself.

And since there is no national org that meets your standard, you do nothing. And then wonder why we get our asses kicked by the antis so often.
Think about that.

Them electing Wayne again just goes to show you how tone deaf they are to actual gun owners.
You didn't expect any different, did you?

The BOD members that get elected are all "hand picked" to ensure continuity of the "old boy network"!
I find this part funny. “…the vote was preceded by a resolution declaring support "past, present and future" for LaPierre.”

So, perpetual fealty to LaPierre. F.ck those Aholes.
They all swear allegiance to WLP!! [angry2]

It generates a lot more money than it cost. I raised this many years ago with Alan Gottlieb when SAF did a training session in Boston. He educated us on this marketing technique.

And since there is no national org that meets your standard, you do nothing. And then wonder why we get our asses kicked by the antis so often.
Think about that.

You seem awfully butthurt. Also, you're making assumptions again.

Show me a national 2A org worth it, and I'll look into them. Right now, nope.

How’s this sound.

Take the 50-75 bucks you are saving and turn 2 or 3 new guys green.

At least then you don’t look so non supporting for anything gun related because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

The other day I picked up and some woman with a southern accent starts going through her spiel. I interrupted her and asked if Wayne LaPierre was still involved with the NRA which she confirmed...
i'm surprised she knew what you were talking about. i'd bet the farm the nra hires telemarketers to live call. she was reading a script. i met a woman once who worked for a firm that was contracted by the nra. for minimum wage at the time, $10/hr., she was your nra liaison looking for money and members. she said she had a 82 page binder in front of her that would have the answer to any question anyone would toss at her during her pitch. i guess being able to scan a table of contents and index quickly are crucial to the job.

i think mid management level and below, the nra means well. it's the head of the snake that's eating it's young. but i'm sorry to say, i still think the nra in washington is still a powerful lobby. but, the common knowledge of the infighting is slowly putting that light out. the anti's on capitol hill love every bit of it. chip, chip, chip and our voice is gone. local organizations won't do anything for us in washington. and why don't i hear anything about goa out of washington? we're fried people. when the nra dissolves and no one steps up, well...

main-qimg-fc2a4625d71783a9e7475fce1623ac43-c-450x270.jpg

To celebrate they bought some more $10k suits and restocked the top shelf in the office bar. Jeebus.

If my gun club didn't require it, I would have let it go a long time ago.
I'm not sure whether my club requires it. I think maybe GOAL is sufficient. Don't remember. As it happens, back in 2016-18, I extended my NRA membership multiple times as my only form of donation. Each time you did it, they'd send you a letter giving some deal that would extend it a few more years for some double-digit sum of money. So my membership expires in 2035. And they're sure not getting anything from me with LaPierre still there, not even a MidwayUSA round-up. What a joke. Now that this reminds me, I think I'll go give Comm2A some money.

Last edited:

Typical Fudd skinflint talk. It you are so principled, then start lobbying DC yourself. Instead you just hitch a free ride on the backs of those who do support with their dollars. Freeloader.

It's not skinflint Fudd talk. It's "my way or the highway" talk. The polarization of America.

It's like the old joke. Two men are wandering the thickest jungles of India and bump into each other.

"Oh pardon me."

"Are you American?"

"Why yes. And you are too?"

"By God himself, I am. This is truly a blessed day."

"Can I surmise from your language you are a Godfearing man as I am?"

"Sir! What are the odds that two Godfearing men would bump into each other here in India?"

"I don't know. Can I pry farther. What denomination are you?"

"The only one that matters, of course - I'm a Baptist."

"Oh teh blessings of this day. To find another Baptist in the middle of nowhere India. We must bow and pray at this very moment."

"Of course. Of course."

"Southern Baptist?"

"American Baptist Convention."

"GODLESS HEATHEN!" BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!!

It's a funny joke (but long to type) but it illustrates teh current political views. "If you don't agree with me 100%, I'm not supporting you." Hmmmm. Then you ain't supporting ANYONE. And you'll never get a coalition of people together.

Damnicraps have eaten our lunch in many ways for decades because they put aside petty minor differences and play on the same playground. Now, that means that they adhere to some pretty bizarre policies at this point, so there is that. And that will be their downfall. Spending so much time focusing on smaller and smaller groups as to lose the masses.

Maybe we should pick a group that closely mirrors our beliefs and start there. Or ones that are effective at moving the ball. I dunno. Maybe actually doing something. I sent $ to FPC last night. I'm not sure they're the best group, but they're gonna be out there and have been hammering that fact for a while. No emergency emails from GOA (that I can recall) or NRA this week. But if they do, I'll send them $ as well. Tell me WHAT you are doing and I'll send you $ to support it.

I personally appreciate your donation. But to answer your question - because that is how fundraising works. You want 100% of your donation to go to the cause, have a bake sale. ...
And yet (despite our being automatic monthly donors),
somehow I get less EMail every year from Comm2A
than I get from NES periodically sending me 2-factor authentication codes.

It generates a lot more money than it cost. ...
But what is the opportunity cost?
How much money are they leaving on the table
because they repel donors with this approach?

Back
Top Bottom